2,000L High tech BEAST (feeding vid!!!)

Filip Krupa

Holey moley and the love of all things aquarium related, what a journey, I am sure I stopped breathing with the join beggining to fail :eek: This is awesome, makes my tank look small and insignificant. I am now in need of a coffee and a breath of fresh air then to really look at my big tank seriously.
Thanks Mel :)

About the misbehaving join, the ratchet strap is back :(

Not sure how I will fix it long term, for now its fine, until I find some headspace to tackle it again.

Fil

Filip Krupa

Oh no, 😬 have you moved the fish out and lowered the water level or ?
Naaah, that would be the safe thing to do.
My favourite tactic is called YOLO 🤣

But seriously, I watch the join like a hawk, its stopped deteriorating since the strap is on, this was months ago.

Fil

Melll

I`m now looking at the seams on my tanks. A couple of my tanks are well over 10 years old, made by Rena. Not as big as your tnak by any means but 700 litres can still cause a Tsunami.

Are you still selling plants?

Please keep us posted :)

Filip Krupa

Not as big as your tnak by any means but 700 litres can still cause a Tsunami.
I think any tank flooding past 500L would result in just the same damage 🤣
My emergency flood plan is: open the back door

Are you still selling plants?
Yes, constantly on ebay (thebeastsurplus), occasionally on here and always happy to receive requests via PM.

Fil

Melll

I think any tank flooding past 500L would result in just the same damage 🤣
My emergency flood plan is: open the back door

Yes, constantly on ebay (thebeastsurplus), occasionally on here and always happy to receive requests via PM.

Fil

I shall bear that in mind when I need some big plants :)

Melll

Not yet, should I ?

I`m still toying mentally how I want to do 3 tanks, one is definitely low tech, fast flow, moutain stream type set up for Hillstream Loaches and the like, one maybe a Dwarf Puffer tank, planted, then the big tank 1400 litres which I am looking at over several cups of coffee.

Filip Krupa

Could you not custom make a metal brim for the top of the tank to hold it all together?
That will be insufficient I think.
I think I need something to hold the middle, thats where the two walls are bowing away from each other.

Remember its acrylic we are talking!

Fil

Filip Krupa

I`m still toying mentally how I want to do 3 tanks, one is definitely low tech, fast flow, moutain stream type set up for Hillstream Loaches and the like, one maybe a Dwarf Puffer tank, planted, then the big tank 1400 litres which I am looking at over several cups of coffee.
My advice would be, focus on one at a time and enjoy the planning stage!

Let us know once youre attepting the 1400, Ill follow with interest!

Fil

sparkyweasel

Here's a terrible drawing, but it might give you the general idea. Probably needs more bark on the front and back pieces, depending on their length.
Tank 4.jpg