• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

Hi Costa,

You will need a co2 reactor with proper co2 fittings on the INSIDE, in order to get the bazooka up to pressure.

Pump wise, Ive a 10k & 6.5k (did I say 3k in the vid?)
Its the 10k thats serving CO2. For no partulicular reason, the 6.5k would do fine.

How big is your tank?

Thanks
Fil

Hi Fil,

My tank is 200 x 60 x 60 cm. I much watch your videos again, have you placed the bazooka inside the reactor? Which one's your reactor again?

Thanks so much and again great job on the tank

Last edited:
My tank is 200 x 60 x 60 cm

That's a great size and challenge. You will need to think about how to spread the co2 around. Spray bars are best, if I were you I would fix a 180cm long one, high up on the back wall.

I am using a 150cm DIY spray bar to introduce the co2 + 3 x 6000 l/h powerheads to move it around.

have you placed the bazooka inside the reactor?

Correct

Which one's your reactor again?

See pics below. I've 2 custom made 60cm tall reactors. Only really using one.
You can just about see the white bazookas in each reactor.

IMG_20181028_140911.jpg

IMG_20181028_140855.jpg

Great, thank you @Filip Krupa. So these reactors are custom made? Wow, must have been expensive. What part exactly did you have to customize (height or maybe the diameter to fit the bazooka?)

I do have a diy spray bar running the length of the tank, pumping water in the display tank from the sump;
20171031_141406.jpg

(BTW this is an older pic, my tank now has a lot of hair algae)

I was planning to simply stick the CO2 tube into the inflow of the sump pump and get it over with, but clearly your reactor solution is much more elegant, and I think the bazooka being in .

Anyway I'll go away now, don't want to hijack your thread! Take care!

I do have a diy spray bar running the length of the tank

Looks great

Perhaps you could try an line diffuser before a reactor. It would be somewhat simpler and save you some space.

My co2 reactors were custom made but not for me. I got them second hand

Ta
Fil

How's your tank coming along?

Hi Costa,

Im still battling a mild case of green water.
I think I triggered it by introducing to many changes at once.
Added too many fish, and fed heavily.
Changed or scrubbed filters too heavily.
Increased the light period.

Its a mild case, but on a tank with so much water, even little turbidity looks terrible.

Things havent improved one bit since I did the large water change.

Actions I am taking are:

- increased drip water change
- halved EI dosing
- reduced feeding
- blackout for 2 days
- no deep filter cleaning
- reduced photo period
- added poliester filter floss into the return pumps

Plants are still doing well, so not planning on any other drastic measures. Just going to give it some time.

Thanks for reading
Fil

Things havent improved one bit since I did the large water change.

Then we would suggest another Large WC :nailbiting: fully understand why you haven't, but if you had a 200l tank and the same conditions you would

halved EI dosing

Nooooooooo. Keep ferts optimal ;)

Plus optimal detritus removal and bits of decaying leaves as thats the food algae thrives on

Then we would suggest another Large WC :nailbiting: fully understand why you haven't, but if you had a 200l tank and the same conditions you would

Damn... can't argue that.
Will get one done today, and possibly another tomorrow.

Nooooooooo. Keep ferts optimal

Got it. Done.

Plus optimal detritus removal and bits of decaying leaves as thats the food algae thrives on

I need to DIY a long gravel vac for this. Long overdue.

Thanks Zeus!
I shouldn't be doing anything before running it past you guys ;)

Fil

What kind of swords are those? a flame?

E. Harbi & E. Cordifolius I believe.
Although from looking at them, it looks like 3 different varieties. Possible misslabeled at the shop when ordered the harbi.

The redness is from the strong lights, even my vals turn reddish where close to the top.

Thanks for reading
Fil

Really fun watching this develop. Have you considered an inline UV filter to clear up the green water? never used one myself but for this size tank it may help. Plant growth looks good. At least what I can see through the green water

Have you considered an inline UV filter to clear up the green water?

I did, and dismissed the idea.
Too costly, and wouldn't fix the root cause.

Plant growth looks good

Thanks!

Can't wait for this green water to clear. I miss looking at my all year underwater indoor garden :D

Fil

Back