• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

Holey moley and the love of all things aquarium related, what a journey, I am sure I stopped breathing with the join beggining to fail :eek: This is awesome, makes my tank look small and insignificant. I am now in need of a coffee and a breath of fresh air then to really look at my big tank seriously.

Thanks Mel :)

About the misbehaving join, the ratchet strap is back :(

Not sure how I will fix it long term, for now its fine, until I find some headspace to tackle it again.

Fil

Oh no, 😬 have you moved the fish out and lowered the water level or ?

Naaah, that would be the safe thing to do.
My favourite tactic is called YOLO 🤣

But seriously, I watch the join like a hawk, its stopped deteriorating since the strap is on, this was months ago.

Fil

I`m now looking at the seams on my tanks. A couple of my tanks are well over 10 years old, made by Rena. Not as big as your tnak by any means but 700 litres can still cause a Tsunami.

Are you still selling plants?

Please keep us posted :)

Not as big as your tnak by any means but 700 litres can still cause a Tsunami.

I think any tank flooding past 500L would result in just the same damage 🤣
My emergency flood plan is: open the back door

Are you still selling plants?

Yes, constantly on ebay (thebeastsurplus), occasionally on here and always happy to receive requests via PM.

Fil

I think any tank flooding past 500L would result in just the same damage 🤣
My emergency flood plan is: open the back door

Yes, constantly on ebay (thebeastsurplus), occasionally on here and always happy to receive requests via PM.

Fil

I shall bear that in mind when I need some big plants :)

Not yet, should I ?

I`m still toying mentally how I want to do 3 tanks, one is definitely low tech, fast flow, moutain stream type set up for Hillstream Loaches and the like, one maybe a Dwarf Puffer tank, planted, then the big tank 1400 litres which I am looking at over several cups of coffee.

Not sure how I will fix it long term, for now its fine, until I find some headspace to tackle it again.
Could you not custom make a metal brim for the top of the tank to hold it all together?

Could you not custom make a metal brim for the top of the tank to hold it all together?

That will be insufficient I think.
I think I need something to hold the middle, thats where the two walls are bowing away from each other.

Remember its acrylic we are talking!

Fil

I`m still toying mentally how I want to do 3 tanks, one is definitely low tech, fast flow, moutain stream type set up for Hillstream Loaches and the like, one maybe a Dwarf Puffer tank, planted, then the big tank 1400 litres which I am looking at over several cups of coffee.

My advice would be, focus on one at a time and enjoy the planning stage!

Let us know once youre attepting the 1400, Ill follow with interest!

Fil

What about a steel brace across the middle, covered with cork bark to disguise it, and planted with moss and epiphytes?

For some reason I cant picture it. Any chance for a back of a napkin drawing?

Also, glandulosa is doing well :D

20200718_051331.jpg

Here's a terrible drawing, but it might give you the general idea. Probably needs more bark on the front and back pieces, depending on their length.
Tank 4.jpg

The undisguised steelwork;View attachment 152246

Thats brilliant! I see what you mean, but this wouldnt help.
The tank is already braced on the top (although in a different way), and this wouldnt stop the vertical seam on the corner from continuing to deteriorate.

Fil

Back