• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

Looks brilliant
Any of the fry survive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got to be wigglers, but then vanished.
Had a couple of pairs lay eggs since but nothing survives.

Meanwhile, the guppies are multiplying happily!

20201124_190544.jpg
20201118_150828.jpg

As I was roasting a feast for xmas, just about spotted this busy pair lying and fertilising.

Merry xmas you lovely people.
It might be just a hobby for you, but dont forget youre making a home for numerous little critters!!!

20201225_152532.jpg
20201225_152452.jpg
20201225_152427.jpg

That’s a lots of Christmas related names you have to come up with //emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji23.png

At first I thought s**t he is right...
But then I remembered, random elf name generator is a thing 🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣

Stocked up on fertiliser over christmas.

I get most macros from INOXIA, and got a call from them asking such questions as "umm what you need this for?" and "bit excessive for a fish tank?!".
After my explaiantions around tank size and EI dosing, they agreed to release the order, but Im convinced Im now on a register somewhere... 🤣😂
20210104_104209.jpg

When your MgSO4 (Epsom salts) runs out it may be worth getting for ebay as you can get 10Kg for peanuts
You know I saw those, marketed for your bath and thought that could be coarse table salt! Just didnt trust it.

You reckon worth a punt?

Fil

Stocked up on fertiliser over christmas.

I get most macros from INOXIA, and got a call from them asking such questions as "umm what you need this for?" and "bit excessive for a fish tank?!".
After my explaiantions around tank size and EI dosing, they agreed to release the order, but Im convinced Im now on a register somewhere... 🤣😂
View attachment 159933
best not to search out just what other nefarious uses you can cook up with that and other stuff you will have lying around the house, unless your not keen on your front door and don’t mind it being booted in :banghead:

think its fairly small quantities of key items that now need flagging by vendors as they have been used in the past for reasons they were not sold.

That’s amazing - just found you in ebay and Instagram (via shrimplyjones) If I ever buy this bigger tank I’m searching for, there is every chance we will meet as I look to stock it with bits, like the moss you currently have

That build is just nuts!!!

That’s amazing - just found you in ebay and Instagram (via shrimplyjones) If I ever buy this bigger tank I’m searching for, there is every chance we will meet as I look to stock it with bits, like the moss you currently have

That build is just nuts!!!
Thank you so much!
Its very nice to hear from someone local, I hope we do meet. Looking forward

PS shrimplyjones is a top lad!

I have just seen this thread, I've not really been around for a couple of years, but... Wow! 😮

Is it fixed though? That kind of freaks me out. I have two acrylic tanks one running since May 2010 and the other sometime in 2012. I got them made though. I wouldn't trust myself making one that large. 😁

I have just seen this thread, I've not really been around for a couple of years, but... Wow! 😮

Is it fixed though? That kind of freaks me out. I have two acrylic tanks one running since May 2010 and the other sometime in 2012. I got them made though. I wouldn't trust myself making one that large. 😁
Thanks Sanj,

It's fixed temporarily with a ratchet strap that goes around the whole thing.
Unsightly, but less risky, quicker and cheaper than trying other things. No idea what I will do long term, maybe convert to paludarium!

Even with these issues, I have absolutely no regrets.
As Rick Sanchez says - "You miss a 100% of the chances you don't take" 🤣

Thanks Sanj,

It's fixed temporarily with a ratchet strap that goes around the whole thing.
Unsightly, but less risky, quicker and cheaper than trying other things. No idea what I will do long term, maybe convert to paludarium!

Even with these issues, I have absolutely no regrets.
As Rick Sanchez says - "You miss a 100% of the chances you don't take"

Have I missed something
Is there a problem?

Ladies & Gents,

The Beast has become a ticking water bomb. One of the seams is coming apart, and I know exactly why its weaker than all the rest. I can elaborate if anyone is interested (I dropped the ball when cementing it together).

Today, I have noticed that I can now squeeze my nail in the seam, this has had the effect of filling my pants with something warm, yet unpleasant.

I went straight to toolstation and got a ratchet strap (50mm - 8m), and wrapped it around the tank nice and tight. This should buy me all the time I need to figure out a solution.

Only fix I can see at this point, is to drive steel screws into the acrylic, as if it was wood. Its going to be ugly AF...

Since I have plenty of time to think it over, throw any ideas you have at me! Please!

Fil

View attachment 132237 View attachment 132238 View attachment 132239 View attachment 132240

@dean have a look at this post back on page 36
Cannot blame you for missing it! The journal is now a proper challenge to get through ha!

@dean have a look at this post back on page 36
Cannot blame you for missing it! The journal is now a proper challenge to get through ha!

Oh mate so sorry to hear this
Can it be fixed if you put a triangle piece on the internal corner ?

I have vats that I can lend you to hold livestock etc while you do the work

Happy to offer my help too

Oh mate so sorry to hear this
Can it be fixed if you put a triangle piece on the internal corner ?

I have vats that I can lend you to hold livestock etc while you do the work

Happy to offer my help too

Thanks for the offer Dean, Ill keep it in mind.
I probably could do a triangle piece, others have given me plenty of ideas.

However, with life being the way it is these days, its just easier to keep the strap on, and wait until a time when I will have more headspace to tackle this!

Fil

Back