• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2*1*1 plant placement

Hi all, I have a 54 litre 2*1*1 to play with and it will be a lowish tech setup (15 watts T6, Full EI, Liquid carbon dosing)
I currently have this rock placement and was wondering what people thought:

Ignore the terrible photo, I didn't have time to take a proper shot and the shells have been removed, this was going to be a shell dweller setup, but I couldn't keep away from the plants. :oops:
IMG_0673.jpg

And I've come up with this sort of plant placement, sorry about the dodgy paint job :oops:
prototypeplantedtank.jpg

From back to front the plants are:
H.polysperma
Rotala (a green variety)
then the red crypts are representing a plant that I want to place there, but it should be red, as it is possibly going to be a focal point.
The green crypts are Willisii
and then P.helferi in the foreground and maybe a bit of C.parva.

Do you have any suggestions in how I could improve this, I think the rock placement could do with some tweeking, but what are your thoughts?

It's difficult to tell from the photo, but I suspect that you will struggle with the depth to fit both H. Polysperma and Rotala Sp. at the back. Especially around the rocks on the left. H. Polysperma has quite long leaves also, so may look out of scale.

How about something like Bacopa Monnieri or Ludwigia Arcuata?

Yeah, I agree I may struggle, I've had a change of mind...as usual :lol: and I'm just going to buy the plants I want, place them where I want and place the rocks in suitable places.

Thanks for your input.

Back