200 litre Journal...

CJ Castle

Hi,

This is my 200 litre display tank which I setup (planted) today...

Some Stats...

- Lighting 24x2 T5 Compacts
- No CO2 (will be lightly dosed with Easy-Carbo, though...)
- Ferts dosed when necessary (I want the tank to have quite a high fish-load so I'll only add trace)
- Substrate is a mixture of things (RedSea, Tetra and something else (can't remember)...

Plants:

-LIMNOPHILA AQUATICA
-BLYXA JAPONICA
-CEROPTERIS SILIQUOSA
-SALIVINIA OBLONGIFOLIA
-SALVINIA CUCULLATA
-SALVINIA NATANS

There's also some E.Tennellus planted... I want this tank to be more of a "fish" tank than aquascaped planted aquarium, but I think I've got aspects of both in this tank...

200litreSetupplanted006.jpg

200litreSetupplanted011.jpg

200litreSetupplanted017.jpg

Ed Seeley

I like what you've pictured so far! :lol: How about a full tank shot and what are the dimensions of the tank? IT seems pretty deep. And as it's "more of a 'fish' tank" are you going to let us in what the inhabitants are going to be? :D

CJ Castle

What the inhabitants are going to be?
A small group of Microctenopoma ansorgii, (unusual) pelvichromis pair and the African Butterfly fish (Pantodon buchholzi) are a few that I really want to keep... I think I'm keeping to a West African theme (there may be a few exceptions, however... :rolleyes: )

Dimensions are L=90cm, W=48, H=50 (or something like that ;) )... I'll get a full tank shot tomorrow...

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
Staff member
Love those shots Corin. Lovely mood and very clean efficient design. I especially like how the blyxa plays against the rock. Good stuff. 8)

Cheers,

Ed Seeley

CJ Castle said:
What the inhabitants are going to be?
A small group of Microctenopoma ansorgii, (unusual) pelvichromis pair and the African Butterfly fish (Pantodon buchholzi) are a few that I really want to keep... I think I'm keeping to a West African theme (there may be a few exceptions, however... :rolleyes: )

Dimensions are L=90cm, W=48, H=50 (or something like that ;) )... I'll get a full tank shot tomorrow...
Great fish choice. I've always wanted to keep the butterfly fish, but never had a tank without little fish they would have eaten! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.