• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2008 NATURE AQUARIUM BOOK Catalog

Is it as good as the 2007 issue?

I got given the other day an ADA catalog from 1997!!!! :wideyed: I was well happy to see it, but it just showed, even eleven years ago, the Japanese and the far east are way a head of us comparing us now to them back then. Its all in Japanese, but has an old school but in tune with ADA's stylish look.
Also got given some magazines called aqualife, again from Japan. they open right right to left which is very odd. but they are brilliant magazines.
I will bring them along when at the next meet!

Graeme.

Graeme Edwards said:
Is it as good as the 2007 issue?

Graeme.

Poor in comparison IMHO, better off to buying an Aquajournal instead.

Where did you get the magazines out of interest, fleabay?

No, a mate of mine has started a job ( hard task ) or sorting out a local fish shop, it a real cruddy shop at the mo, but hes turning it around, with abit of help from me.
Aparantly some guy just gave them to the owner years ago. the mags i have are date 2000. Its just so good to see.

Be good if you could come oever this way zig when we do the Ukaps meet at the green machine etc. Would only be a hop acros the water to liverpool. Understand the travel costs are a bit steep. lol

Graeme Edwards said:
Be good if you could come oever this way zig when we do the Ukaps meet at the green machine etc. Would only be a hop acros the water to liverpool. Understand the travel costs are a bit steep. lol

That sort of gathering will probably attract all sorts of rif raf, you wouldn't want me around adding to it!

zig said:
Graeme Edwards said:

That sort of gathering will probably attract all sorts of rif raf, you wouldn't want me around adding to it!

lol. What, UKAPS's best aquascaper - rif raff!?

Come along mate. I'll get you a Guiness.

BTW I've not even seen the 2007 ADA catalogue. Is that better than the 2006?

George Farmer said:

I think it`s better, personally. I like the step by step sequence showing TA setting up a 90cm.

I should be getting my stuff from ADANA, soon. Whenever Zig gets anything through the post from them, it turns up on my doorstep a few days later.

They have catalogues with all the International Aquatic Plants Layout winners dating back to 2001. My hoarding has started already.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
George Farmer said:

I think it`s better, personally. I like the step by step sequence showing TA setting up a 90cm.

Isn't that the 2006 cat? It has a glossy brown/grey cover with empty tanks on the front. Titled "The Style of ADA".

What have you ordered, Dave? Sounds exciting!

Yeah, you are right George. I forgot we are a year behind over here. :lol:

I have ordered the 2004 and 2005 competition winners catalogue along with some Aqua Journals. Aqua Journal 137 is about Wabi- Kusa, which I want to have a go at.

I hoped to have it before Friday, when I meet up with Aquariums Limited at The Green Machine, just to give Ray and Jim an idea of the size and look of the tanks. Mind you, there is an example in the back of the 2006 ADA catalogue.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
I have ordered the 2004 and 2005 competition winners catalogue along with some Aqua Journals. Aqua Journal 137 is about Wabi- Kusa, which I want to have a go at.

I hoped to have it before Friday, when I meet up with Aquariums Limited at The Green Machine, just to give Ray and Jim an idea of the size and look of the tanks. Mind you, there is an example in the back of the 2006 ADA catalogue.

Dave.

Ooo, super!

Let us know how you get on at TGM...

Well, I finally got my 2008 catalogue (turns out I had ordered, but not paid :rolleyes: ).

All I can say is that I agree with Zig. There are some nice driftwood tanks, though.

Dave.

Back