• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2008 Tropica catalogue - now online

I love the way you turn the pages over as an effect, but seems a bit over-designed to me. Having to turn all 100 pages rather than just click for the next page is a bit OTT! Once you get used to it it's not too bad though and I just worked out you can just click on the corner of the page to turn them more quickly too!

Are any of the new additions in here George?

There's the farily new Vallisneria caulescens, but I didn't have much success, even with 3.5wpg T5, CO2, TPN+, hardwater and Ecocomplete. I was spot dosing Excel though to treat some BBA on wood, but not overdosing.

Nesaea crassicaulis and Nesaea pedicellata are nice, the former being suited to larger aquaria due to the big leaves.

I'd like to give Proserpinaca palustris ''Cuba'' a go sometime.

There's a few new species being released this year, I think. Can't say anymore than that.

Arana said:
Looks great :D can we get them or are they trade only?

If you mean the plants, Aqua Essentials will order them for you and he's just decided that you don't need to order in lots of 5 either; http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=803&start=10.

If you mean the catalogue, you can order that from Tropice here http://www.tropica.com/frameset_shop.asp. It says it's 20.00DKK; that must be Danish Kroners? And I thought they were in the Euro-zone?! Anyway apparently it's availabel for £2.00, according to their latest newsletter, in the UK.

Arana said:
thanks eds :D yes i ment the catalogue, £2 sounds reasonable i will order one, thanks again :D

If you're ordering it direct from them off the website you might want to check the £2 price! The website just seemed to charge 20 Kroners and I don't know the current exchange rate!

Just had a good look through the online catalogue....some nice stuff in there.

Should most decent LFS be able to order stuff from tropica....eg if i want 5 x H. polysperma "rosanervig", would they usually be able to get it for me.

Thanks

Andy

Tropica did (last time I checked) sell via UK wholesalers - used to be a £100 min order limit but that may or may not have changed. The trade price list is rather interesting, I wonder if UKAPS Shop stuff may be able to handle orders someday from Tropica, the savings would be pretty decent over shop-bought pricing. If you are not VAT registered then the wholesaler I spoke to had a £20 surcharge which they never got back to me on whether you also had to pay VAT on that aswell.

If you click the UK flag on the .com website and then go to buy a catalogue you get a drop down box to change it to Pounds Sterling which makes each catalogue £2.

Back