• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2009 Festival of Fishkeeping Pictures

Tony Swinney

Hi all

I spent Saturday morning down at Hayling Island helping out a little on the stand, that George, Dan and Graeme had set up to represent ukaps - and a great job they'd done too. It was easily the best, most professional looking stand there, as the pictures show....

Getting the stand all finished up before the doors open:

fofF2009_mus2343.jpg

fofF2009_mus2345.jpg

fofF2009_mus2347.jpg

James Starr-Marshall brought along these great tool holders to hang on the side of the tanks:

fofF2009_mus2348.jpg

A couple of final tweaks:

fofF2009_mus2356.jpg

fofF2009_mus2357.jpg

Talking all things 'ukaps' with folks at the show:

fofF2009_mus2359.jpg

fofF2009_mus2360.jpg

fofF2009_mus2361.jpg

fofF2009_mus2362.jpg

I helped out prepping some glosso and blyxa for the demo, watched over by Graeme:

fofF2009_mus2364.jpg

fofF2009_mus2365.jpg

A couple of the tanks:

fofF2009_mus2367.jpg

fofF2009_mus2369.jpg

fofF2009_mus2372.jpg

George and James arrive with 'supplies' :

fofF2009_mus2380.jpg

The demo begins:

fofF2009_mus2384.jpg

fofF2009_mus2387.jpg

fofF2009_mus2388.jpg

fofF2009_mus2389.jpg

fofF2009_mus2390.jpg

Unfortunately I had to leave at this point, but Dan sent this pic of the finished scape from his phone - I'm sure there'll be better pics once they get back:

fofF2009finished.jpg

There was another tank done for the festivals "Best Display Tank" competition, and this was it. Put together on Friday night to represent 'ukaps', and named "Irony" by George, Dan and Graeme ;) :

fofF2009_mus2381.jpg

fofF2009_mus2383.jpg

It was great to see everyone down there, and to meet Lisa, Lozbug and James for the first time. Huge congratulations to the Ukaps Team for all the effort which they'd put in to the stand - it really showed through. Well done guys :D

Agreed Steve, looks fab.

Ditto on the wishing I could be there but unfortunately work has got in the way.

Where can I get me one of those funky plastic ukaps holders, they're a really nifty idea!

Hey Guys

The pics look great and the stand looks very professional!

Looking forward to seeing some more pics !

Andy

What an excellent weekend for Ukaps this was.
Myself and Jenny arrived at about 10pm on the friday to deliver the Ukaps tool tidies, and the stand already looked fantastic. The banner that spanned the back of the stand was well "swish" and the scapes the chaps had brought arrived unscathed by their journey. It was great to see dan's " little mountain" and Graeme's "Worlds end" in the flesh, these are seriously high end aquascapes.
On the saturday Ukaps got the attention it deserved and the stand was buzzing with some very impressed punters, particularly when Graeme, George and Dan were scaping the 80cm tank and quite a crowd gathered. The scape looked absolutely superb from the outset and by the sunday when the water had cleared and the fish were added it was nothing short of a masterpiece.

4001941026_8c96150c8a_b.jpg

Unfortunately my photography skills do not do it justice, but this was how the tank looked at about 11am this morning. The stand was buzzing again and there were many taking photos of the new 80cm scape.
It was great to meet you for the first time Tony and to meet George, Dan, Graeme and Lisa again. Thank you everyone for a most excellent weekend. Jenny and I enjoyed it thoroughly and are looking forward to the next event.

Cheers
James

Great stand guys. What a plus for our hobby ! and extremely professional.

Great shots!! Was a fantastic weekend, had a blast, public wise it was a little lighter than ideal... but hey ho! We all had fun i think!

Was good to see Dan, George & Graeme again, and meet folk i hadn't before!

I've only just got home, so will have a look at my pic's tomorrow!!

I really like that aquascape called 'irony' and the other one is great! Looked like everyone had a good time and hopefully we got some great exposure etc from the event - the professional stand definately represented us well as usual!

Well done to all involved, you know who you are, and to those lucky enough to have been able to attend and support UKAPS.

Wish I could have been there but with the little one (just 10 days old) would have been pushing my luck. Next event is a must!

Now I know that LED's are the bees knees but that cubes aesthetics are destroyed by that clunky great ugly box above it!
On a more positive note all those scapes look fantastic and I'm glad you all had a good time! Also, are there any photos without Dan reclining in them?!

Dan Crawford said:
Nice photos Lozbug!

I'll get some up asap but mine are all of Saturday night and they are well blurry LOL
Thanks.

Eep! I'm looking forward to those..!

Back