• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2009 Festival of Fishkeeping Pictures

Was good too see you all again guys, I had a great weekend especially winning the solid Red class wityh my Discus, just off too polish the trophy !!!!!!!!!!

Here's some more -

Setting up late on Friday night. We started at around 9pm and finished about 2am. Many thanks to Lisa, James and Jenny for helping us out!
4005222808_804a8c1ae4_o.jpg

Dan looking seriously interested in whatever James is saying...
4005223550_9da98145b4_o.jpg

The UKAPS logistics guru, Graeme Edwards...
4005223060_31b43e34f2_o.jpg

The 30cm opti-white/LED/nano-CO2 combo interested many visitors - cutting edge!
4004459389_5cfaf3bcc0_o.jpg

From the left - Jenny, Tony, James, Dan and Graeme
4005223840_2efa51950f_o.jpg

25 pots of Glosso chopped into 1cm portions
4005224602_30686d8459_o.jpg

Planting the 80cm Iwagumi display tank - a proper team effort
4005225078_2d43c82a3a_o.jpg

Dan planting Glosso
4005225392_e838145318_o.jpg

4005225646_84bc140896_o.jpg

4004461199_115a5a8e6b_o.jpg

4005226306_83d50cf26a_o.jpg

4004462669_7ce0f79137_o.jpg

4004463227_0f74c62ddd_o.jpg

4004462857_7fb69cf3eb_o.jpg

4005228456_e1a3eaa75d_o.jpg

Cheers Folks, there's some great shots there, mine are all blurred as usual I really must learn to use a camera.
I have this shot of 6 of us which my girlfriend Jenny kindly blurred in my stead.

4005143589_b7c28fea97_o.jpg

From left to right: Me, Graeme, Dan, Lucy, George and Lauren.

Cheers
James

I'm the chap who was on the Reef Aquatics stall next to you guys. Really loved your tanks. Over the last few years I've only ever kept marines, was never interested in setting up a planted aquarium until I saw your tanks! Very inspirational. Have been discussing with the boss about setting up a nano in the shop so I can generate some interest and get some experience before shelling out on my own setup! Anyone able to recommend a good wholesaler that deals with the equipment that you use so we can start ordering stuff in?

Once again, many thanks. I'll be picking your brains heavily over the next few months!

Will

James Marshall said:
Cheers Folks, there's some great shots there, mine are all blurred as usual I really must learn to use a camera.
I have this shot of 6 of us which my girlfriend Jenny kindly blurred in my stead.

4005143589_b7c28fea97_o.jpg

From left to right: Me, Graeme, Dan, Lucy, George and Lauren.

Cheers
James
lol @ Lucy, i thought i was hidden enough!!

Good pic. :)

hey the photos look awesome just like the tanks. 25 pot glosso??? i thought i am fair good enough with the pinsettes and foreground planting but it looks like i am on level 1 only ;)

great job with the booth! congratulations.

the video was cool just like the photos. thanks for sharing all of this a good start for the week :lol:

Hi Guys,

Managed to make it down on the Sunday and met you all at the best stand at the show by miles. As I promised George, have become a new member of the forum, and already got lots of hints and tips from the site. The scapes on the stand have already inspired me to order some plants from The Green Machine and re-do my tank from the Jungle mess (see photo) it is now to something really minimalist/iwagumi. Have to curb my desire to keeping buying lots of different plant species though!

I had crypt melt for the first time ever, due to a prob with my CO2 while I went away for a few days, so think it is a good time to make a change anyway.

cheers,

Elliot
x7t55crig.jpg

enviroman said:
As I promised George, have become a new member of the forum...
Welcome along, Elliot! It was great to meet you.

Good luck with the new layout and be sure to keep us updates in the Journal section!

castmana1 said:
I'm the chap who was on the Reef Aquatics stall next to you guys. Really loved your tanks. Over the last few years I've only ever kept marines, was never interested in setting up a planted aquarium until I saw your tanks! Very inspirational. Have been discussing with the boss about setting up a nano in the shop so I can generate some interest and get some experience before shelling out on my own setup! Anyone able to recommend a good wholesaler that deals with the equipment that you use so we can start ordering stuff in?

Once again, many thanks. I'll be picking your brains heavily over the next few months!

Will
Thanks for the feedback, Will!

One of our sponsors, The Green Machine are ADA and Tropica AquaCare distributors.

saintly said:
may i ask, why is there there never James c in the images? or matt HB? always baffles me.
Neither James or Matt were able to make it. Here is Matt in 2007 and since then he's been very busy with other commitments.
IMAG0011.jpg

Wow, dont we all look serwish.

I apologise - I have plenty of pictures my self, but my Mac is no longer alive, so I have no way of getting them up for you all to see.

It was a busy and hard working weekend. Its all about the logistics. :thumbup:

Its a shame the turn out at the FOF was not as high as last year. I hope we still continued to inspire those that did. That is what we are all about.
I also want to high light the fact that we are a national group and we do like to meet people and make new friends. We are not just a forum. The only real thing we wish we had more of was time and the money to meet more people and hold more events.
Ive made some true freinds from the humble start of UKaps and hope to make many more.

Thanks for being part of UKaps every one.

Cheers,
Graeme.

Dan Crawford said:
saintly said:
may i ask, why is there there never James c in the images? or matt HB? always baffles me.
Neither James or Matt were able to make it. Here is Matt in 2007 and since then he's been very busy with other commitments.
IMAG0011.jpg

Awww! I thought I recognised that stand, my mate Kev is taking a pic of you guys!

Fred Dulley said:
What manufacturer made this CO2 product?
Outstanding work fellas. Someday I'll attend/participate in one.
It's brand spanking new mate "FIRST IN THE WORLD" to be shown off to the public. It's really good.

It's made by Aquadistri under the Columbo brand. It'll be available to Maidenheads around now and costs £80 for the whole lot. Refills are £12.
Check out PFK soon for a full review....

Back