• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

200L led help

Sacul

Hi.
I'm after a new light for my 200L. I currently have a fluval aquasky but it's got water damage.
Ive been searching for days for a new light but there is so many that I'm not sure what to get.
The length of the tank is 100cm, 45cm to the substrate. Open top
I'm looking to grow low tech plants with the possibility of some harder ones. I'm not going to be using co2 but I do use fertilizer.
I haven't got a huge budget but I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
I've had a alook at them threads. I like the flood light idea but I would need to make it look nice aswel.
Has anyone tried the NICREW G2 units? Would 2 of them work for what I want to do?

Thanks

I'm aquasky is only 1850 lumens and the NICREW G2 is 2500 lumens so it should be visually brighter, for my tank at least. Maybe I'll give it a go and see. Do I need the red and green LEDs? Or will the plants do fine under just white-white/blue? The NICREW G2 is just white and blue but I think there is one with the other led colours aswel.

Thanks

That's the problem I had with the aquasky. Bluetooth failed so I had to take the light apart and bypass the transistors. Now the light is either on or off but I'm unsure if it's at 100% as I can no longer control it.
I think I will give the NICREW G2 a try and see how I get on with it.

Hi again. After a bit more research I've decided against the NICREW lights. I think 1 won't be enough and 2 would look a bit silly. I have decided to up my budget and get something getter. I have been looking at the fluval plant 3.0 46w which is £200 also looking at the finnex planted+ 24/7 although this seems to be hard to get a price for in the UK. Is the fluval 3.0 good for the money or can I get better?

Thanks

Back