• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

200L Low-Tech Reboot

So the reboot has had a bit of a reboot. The java fern has pretty much died somehow. I took some of the remaining healthy parts to add to the tank. The java moss was also a bit of a disaster and ended up being a big ball.

Instead I went ahead and bought near enough every type of anubias on AE. I also added another piece of wood to the left side.

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow but the aquascaping is still a bit of a disaster.

I am thinking the next step is to add vallis or another background plant to fill the back of the tank (can't really find anything that I want for the back). Again I'm not really sure which vallis, but I reckon I want a small leaved background plant to make up for the large leaved anubias.

In addition I want to split some of my anubias nana to add to the front. Would it be alright adding anubias nana to the same area on a piece of wood that other anubias are attached? For example I now have Anubias heterophylla, Anubias hastifolia and Anubias barteri var. caladiifolia on the new piece of wood. I reckon it may look a bit better if the lower parts were also filled out by some shorter/smaller leaved anubias.

I think in total there are about 8-10 different types of anubias.

I actually planted some Cryptocoryne balansae when I replanted the first time. I had totally forgotten about it as it was hidden behind a ball of java moss. In the time which it has been in the tank I don't think i has grown a cm. It looks exactly the same as the day I put it in. Roughly 20cm tall. I moved it to the center of the tank this time.

I'll try to get some photos tomorrow, it looks a real jumble right now but at least my loaches seem to like it.

PS, I wish I could find some SAE for sale. I missed my opportunity last year it seems.

Here is a quick video. Don't understand why it seems so much worse than previous videos taken. Should be good enough to get an idea for the general scape though:

See the algae problems on the right side which is the older anubias.

PS, funny to compare the anubias growth on the woods on the right from when I first planted it - video title is 200L Roma Rainbowfish (don't want to spam with multiple embedded)

Lol, I hope I didn't get your hopes up too high. Thanks for alerting me to this, I'm sure they used to auto publish as public.

Thanks, I was trying to find a suitable alternative but couldn't anything of interest. So ended up ordering some vallis yesterday.

Picked up a SAE for the tank. It is extremely small right now so very hard to find in the tank.

Not much change other than the newer Anubias seem to be yellowing. Some of the leaves have holes, and generally they are just declining.

Back