• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

200l planted aquarium with hc carpet comments please

Ben1988

Seedling
I have started a 200l planted aquarium and my aim first of all is to grow a thick and luxurious hc carpet to completely cover all substrate. My current setup is :

200l fluval Roma tank
Fluval 305 external filter with spraybar
Jbl co2 kit with ph computer
4 x t5 bulbs in 2 dual bulb Hagen glo units
Rena 300w smart heater
Substrate consists of 2 inches of aqua basis plus on bottom and about 2 inches of Colombo flora base on top of that to hold it down.
Using ferropol 24 daily feritliser at the moment but unsure if there is a better fertiliser?
Also looking to increase circulation with a powerhead as all i have at the moment is the filter

Any advice will be greatly appreciated photos of the tank and setup below

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

Re: 200l planted aquarium with hc carpet advice needed pleas

Yeh it's up and running and been planted for about 7-8 weeks. I'm working on the pictures now. Thanks

Hi Ben. Welcome to the Forum.
Your HC is looking nice and healthy ;)
Regarding pictures you have just put links you just need to post them inside the image tags
You can see it on the top when you press reply button.
Regarding that powerhead. If you dont intend to put any other plants (which i think you do :) ) you will probably be just fine with your filter as nothing obstructs the flow.
At the moment your substrate is doing good job fertilizing your plants but that will change soon as it becomes depleted.
You probably will need to add N and a little of PO4 soon together with your JBL ferts.
The cheapest way is EI estimative index fertilization with dry salts.

Thanks mate I have just changed the pictures now

am I right in thinking thats newly planted HC?

how many pots?

i've seen a similar planting technique in the ADA gallery with the HC. for some reason plant the HC as a pot in full never worked for me. the pots released itself from the soil or it was just too crowded to spread well in the substrate.

i usually plant by a single piece of plantlet very close to each other.

i do not want to sound negative here, but there's a big chance that the pots will release itself as it gets bigger.
otherwise it looks good. the HC is a bit yellow here and there, but that maybe the photo only.

fequent water changes, cold water and good co2 injection will do the work

Re: 200l HC carpet *New Photos* Comments Please

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

[imghttp://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee439/Benmcbeth/DSC00537.jpg][/img]
DSC00536.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

i would love to see you using those riccia rafts amongst the hc!

the background looks like its part of your tank :)

Back