• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2015 Dragonstone / Driftwood setup - Help

saifali

Seedling
BV3CBA.jpg
Hello all ,

I am new to tanks . I plan on doing a extreme tank setup . I had revamped this tank as before it was filled with colorful gravel , ornaments.

I tried a simple look here with rocks ( tried the Iwagumi style ) along with Driftwood log piece and 3 real plants.

Now , if any of you had this tank what would you add/remove?

How is the rock set up??

I am thinking of removing the Driftwood piece. What you all think so far?

DWzXah.jpg

tCuSOm.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice.

But what do you have in your minds eye? Do you know why you're not satisfied?

I think im just not sure if it looks good or even if the rule of thirds and all is proper . I would just like some honest input from fellow members would be great !

Any advice would be great.

Pretty much opinions would be great!

I reckon you have to choose one or the other. If you go with stones, it would help to get quite a few more say at least 5 more. If you go with the wood, you could potentially make it the feature in this tank although one might want it slightly bigger - maybe prop it up on a hill etc.

I like the wood more than the stones...it has more character in this case. The plants you have (not the plastic ones) are they aquatic plants?

Hey Martin , yes theres 3 of them that are Aquatic plants , the ones on the left tank are fake and the others are ... I forget the name =S Two of the plants died when I removed them and let them sit in a glass with water ..and one remains.

I reckon you have to choose one or the other. If you go with stones, it would help to get quite a few more say at least 5 more. If you go with the wood, you could potentially make it the feature in this tank although one might want it slightly bigger - maybe prop it up on a hill etc.

thanks rebel , Im trying to figure out how to position is and where to even start , its not an easy task especially with tank being full and all and moving sand around. I might remove the rocks if anything and add some Manzanita wood if I can get some here in Toronto Canada.

For Manzanita, I wonder whether you can enlist the services of Mr Barr. Depends on your quarantine though. We don't get manzanita in Australia unfortunately due to strict quarantine and shipping expenses.

Yes, it's difficult to balance wood and rock until you get experienced. Easier to keep to one at first then add the other.

Make the wood the centrepiece and prop it and surround it with the stone. Island aquascape style. Java fern and anubias would be good planting.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdsISHDwO3WPoO6kQQboijwgtLoDPqQXzecoeVhDbZz8Cya419TQ.jpg

Back