• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

20l cube, second attempt on nano Iwagumi

the ug has grown good.

it's apparent you've got some brown algae?....once you've overcome it and plants merge together, things should take shape nicely. :D

the tenellus don't look right at the back though...it is tenelus?....

saintly said:
the ug has grown good.

it's apparent you've got some brown algae?....once you've overcome it and plants merge together, things should take shape nicely. :D

the tenellus don't look right at the back though...it is tenelus?....

Yes, it is tenellus. Somehow I feel unhappy with the scape, that I cant really call a scape because it was more a test of new plants and high tech on a nano tank. I will give this tank 1 more month to see how things go and grow and than rescape it :D

Jur4ik said:
it was more a test of new plants and high tech on a nano tank.

it's how we learn. you know jur4ik, that my new 60 cm journal on GA forums contains 14 varieties of plants half of which i've never tried before :D

hehe , we never stop learning ;)

kindaway difficult to imagine that there are still plants you havent tried out yet :lol:

what would suit the rear corner better than tenellus?

brown algae is the only "plant" that is growing crazy :lol:

After I trimmed UG down it almost melted. Left corner stem plant I took out because it was totaly covered with algae.
Helferi is slowly recovering and I now got Cherry Schrimp babys in there :D

This tank has gone threw few major changes and now I´m glad to present what this now looks like :D

First of all I want to you to remember how it looked like right after planting
SP_A0300.jpg

SP_A0301.jpg

first growth and melting after a couple of weeks
SP_A0313.jpg

SP_A0314.jpg

After I decided that UG grows too high and trimmed it down algae brake out from everywhere and most of it melted away.
IMG_0042.JPG

but not all bad at this point, first baby shrimps appeared (my first baby shrimps ever!)
IMG_0023.JPG

Well this is what the tank looked like for a few weeks until I decided that something must happen to get rid of all the algae and I replaced and added some new plants. Havent done any picture of this, it was about 1 week ago. As some of you might have noticed I have been a while away, because I was on vacation in turkey. After I come back most of the brown algae was gone but some new green hair stuff appeared. After massive cleaning and replacing the plants in the back corners I´m proud to present what this tank now looks like
IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

there are now felt 100 shrimp babys in it, the biggest are now about 1cm long. After aweek or so I will give the HC a proper trimm and clean the small stones in the foreground to make the hardscape again visible.

Here is an updated plant list:
-HC
-UG
-P.Helferi
-Rotala Rotundifolia Red
-E-Tenellus
-Hydrocotyla Verticulata
-Lymnophila sessiliflora
-Hemianthus micranthemoides
-hygrophila difformis plantlets (as long as they are small)
-Limnobium laevigatum

Tech info
-2x11watt Dennerle for 8 hours
-non heated 26°C
-1b/2s Co2
-daily 2ml TPN+
-daily 0,75ml Easy Carbo
-daily wc 50%

Fauna:
-5 adult red cherrys and 50-100 babys :D

it's certainly gone through many changes and problems mate, but it looks like your overcoming them in the last picture. :D

saintly said:
it's certainly gone through many changes and problems mate, but it looks like your overcoming them in the last picture. :D

thanks mate,
what do you now think about the background plants? Hope to see a nano tank made by Saintly one day .. 8)

thanks guys,
I realy must say it was a long fight but by the end easily won - simply added more plants :lol:

Back