• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

20L Mini M Journal

eoto

Hello UKs,

i just started with a new Project. Im pretty new to Aquascaping and this will be my first "real" Tank, at the Moment i have a 54L Tank set up just for testing the Plants & Local Water as i just moved Places. I had an 240L Aquarium before but that was mainly for Fish and just some random selected Plants thrown in, who didnt start like that. ;)

Okay, here we go:

20.6L Mini M 36x22x24 cm from Glas Garten (this is a ADA Mini M just without the ADA Logo, its the same Company that makes the Aquariums for Amano, so great Quality but not as pricey as the ADAs)
DIY ADA Stand, Pics soon
ADA Power Sand S
ADA Aquasoil Amazonia
Eden 501 Filtration
Aquatic Nature Solar Boy Duo26W or Aquatic Nature Spectra 18, not sure yet

Will be an Iwagumi so something like Glosso, HC, etc.
Mini Landscape or Ohko Stones

Ill post Pics on the Weekend when i finish the Stand.

Florian

Welcome to the forum eoto,

This sounds interesting and im particularly interested in your equipment set up and peripherals. I think and im sure you'll know, working on small tanks takes skill and an eye for the intrusions of equipment and out of place plants/leaves. I would consider going al glass for the inlets and out lets, Cal aqua do a great mini glass range. Even think about the glass 'U' connectors to go ever the lip of the tank. Its all about attention to detail in such a small tank. The small we go, the more attention we need to give them in ever aspect.

I look forward to your pictures and updates.

Cheers.

I was allready thinking about that as for me as "Aquascaper" it needs to look perfect. :)
Could order that for 60€, not sure if thats a good Price.

50_0.jpg

Just checked the CAL Aqua Page and the Nano Set is pretty cheap and looks good.

I would go with the Cal Aqua. The ones you have posted look like they will be too big for such a small tank. The Cal aqua pipes disappear in my 20cm cube pico, thats how good they are.
I think both our sponsors sell them and will ship abroad. Should cost near the same as those you have posted. Think about getting a tube/bottle brush cleaner to get into the ends of the glass wear and clean your clear filter hosing, should only cost a few £££.

Just ordered one, thanks for the Infos Graeme.

A little update on that, what happened ... not much.
Got my Glasware In & Outflow from CAL Aqua Labs today, pretty nice.

glaswarevt9.jpg

Im half finished with the DIY ADA Style Stand, Door still to come this Week.

adastandtr5.jpg

Still waiting for the Tank & Substrates which will hopefully arrive end of the Week.

Florian

Hardscape, let me know what u think.

hardscapemy6.jpg

Any updates, eoto?

Dave.

Hi Eoto,i think you have made a good job with the cabinet,i am very interested to see how this gets on,regards john

Hello Guys,

long Time no see as i was very busy with my Job, Moving, etc.
Planted the Tank in September using only HC Cuba with the Hardscape posted above. Then used the Tom Barr Dry Start Method and it grew very well, filled the Tank with Water after about 4 Weeks.
We moved Houses in March so i had to break the Tank, i have some final Pictures and i really hope i can find them on my old HDD (new PC now). I have no Tank set up at the Moment but i´ll do a 60cm Iwagumi soon and keep u all updated this Time. :)

Cheers from sunny Germany,
Flo

Hallo flo, bleib das nächste mal nicht so lange weg, hier sind alle geil auf Bilder also schnell her damit :)

few words in German .. Well looking forward to see the pics and please keep us update on the new one

Back