• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

238l rescape, UPDATED 21st Oct

Re: 238l rescape PICS ADDED NOW!

Wow, this looks stunning! I wish i had a large tank to scape!

AdAndrews said:
Wow, this looks stunning! I wish i had a large tank to scape!

Thanks mate,Im glad people are likeing this after all my efforts, Had so many problems, Brocken brace, Then this morning i broke my bubble counter i waited ages for, Its the one you have, I broke the in pipe off. lol. :lol:

Fantastic looking scape Chilled, great stuff :thumbup:
Fingers crossed for you to get your brace issue sorted smartish
cheers, tel

verry nice scape bud, i like it!! souch a big change/ improvment on the old scape. :)

looks like it took ages.

good luck fixing the brace,how was it held on the tank, i didnt think silicone would stick to plastic?

mattyc said:
verry nice scape bud, i like it!! souch a big change/ improvment on the old scape. :)

looks like it took ages.

good luck fixing the brace,how was it held on the tank, i didnt think silicone would stick to plastic?

Thanksw mate! As for the brace it was a whole moulded piece right round lip of tank with moulded braces across the top of tank, There was no silicone. :?

chump54 said:
it looks great chilled.

I've never used sand before so I don't know if it's possible (or even an improvement :oops: ) but it looks a little deep at the front to me. could you slope it down to the front a bit more or is it too fluid?

Chris

Its deffo an improvement, I could slope it down but I think its fine as it is. Its not very deep, Its only 1inch deep, That to me was a mini amount as i wanted to guarantee that after a natural shift by the fish that the glass did not show through. The sand so far has not been a problem at all.

chilled84 said:
Anybody got any braces about?
Order a piece of clear acrylic from a seller on ebay, I did last time when I replaced mine. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1484

Tanks is looking great ;) you getting the hang of this now :) congrats

LondonDragon said:
chilled84 said:
Anybody got any braces about?
Order a piece of clear acrylic from a seller on ebay, I did last time when I replaced mine. http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1484

Tanks is looking great ;) you getting the hang of this now :) congrats

Slowly getting hang pf it yes, I still need to learn more about water values and doseing, I still dont fully understand what it means if a water is bufferable, Or what buffer even means, I know that real stupid, But i cant get my thick little brain around it lol.

what about metal to replace the brace? could use a length of L section aluminium. two short lengths to go along the glass on either side and a long length to span the tank it could just hook over the top if it is insulated from the glass. then bolt the bits togeather with some galvernised bolts. the wood trim should hide it if the thickness is quite low

like this http://www.aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk/Alu ... le_(6082T6)_50_mm_x_50_mm_x_3_mm/product_info.html

flygja said:
That is awesome! The colours and textures blow my mind!

Thanks Buddy, Great words for decribeing my scape, Im glad you like the way i scaped this one and used coulors carefully, and plants in certain ways to form my look i was aiming for. :thumbup:

Back