• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

24 inch depth

Mattgee

Seedling
Looking for a LED to reach the bottom of my 24 deep tank

Low medium lighting wanted, I will be dosing liquid carbon and aquascaper plant food .

Would rather buy something that can be dimmed so if I ever do want to go high - Tec I can

Cheers

Than you need quite a bom of light.. If you're looking for a budget solution i would start searching for flood light units at around 6500k

Something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RJWFSF/ref=psdc_495238_t1_B07DNN52FW

Thing is usualy the regular white light colored versions than dimmable is not specified. The dimmable ones offered are mostly RGB color changing, which is only fancy for christmas themed gardens. For the others it depends on the eternal driver and or led setup they use if they are dimmalble or able to be made dimmable. I personaly never did an extensive search for of factory dimmable ones, actualy no idea if the excist.

Yes a bit more detail would help... what size is the tank for a start and what is your budget?
On the low budget scale LED flood lights are the go at the moment, you might not need a dimmer if you have several lights as they can be switched independently.
On the hight budget there are still plenty to choose from but as I don’t know if your tank is a 2’ cube or a 6’ monster it is differcult to recommend.

A dimmable option could be, go for regular old type floodlight with halogen bulb, than replace the halogen with a dimmable LED unit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dimmable-R...TT4AAOSwKtlWiMd3:rk:106:pf:0&var=670573884611

But, i guess due to heat dissipation only go up to around 30 watt with a 2500 / 3000 lumen spec. No idea and no experience with such a tall tank and high light specs if it would suffice to reach the bottom. For a low medium light it might do good and is dimmable. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/78-118-189...32708968110?hash=item4d76fff6ae:rk:1:pf:0&var

Last edited:
Tank is 36x24x18 inch . I don't mind spending a few quid if it's the right light . It's a bit of a show piece tank so I'm not keen on flood lights.

Twinstar 900E

100x 50 x 50cm tank

Plants used, Micranthemum species 'Monte Carlo', Juncus repens, Ludwigia Mini Super Red, Ludwigia arcuata, Cyperus helferi, Gratiola, anubias nana paxing, Anubias nana mini, Bucephalandra wavy green, Weeping moss.
Filter eheim 350T with JBL direct
scaped by Balbi Vaquero at Aquaflora then maintained by FO etc

Interzoo 2018 Aquarium

Note the plant species and substrate height etc

BUT also realize that if your tank is 60cm plus light elevated about water surface, this will significantly reduce substrate PAR
OTOH with greater tank height, taller “carpet” plants can be used (than if tank were 45cm high)

Watch George Farmers Interzoo 2018 Dennerle and Juwel Video
- note that Balbi’s tank is highlighted in this video as well
Juwel LIDO tank’s were used for their displays with HelioLux Spectrum lighting - depending upon which Lido, glass height is 58 - 65 cm
(I’d contact Juwel to find out tank details re how many lights were used)

Gonna go with the twinstar 900e and keep to low light plants, liquid carbon and daily liquid ferts..

Back