• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

240cm Custom Starphire Scape

icepotato89

its been a very long day:

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

_MG_0372.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

_MG_0378.jpg

_MG_0384.jpg

_MG_0385.jpg

_MG_0387.jpg

_MG_0391.jpg

_MG_0393.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

i'll try to get more photos of it filled when i go to the clients house tomorrow.

Just noticed the lower powerhead(s) facing down to the substrate. Might be a bit dodgy.. end up with aquasoil all over the place ? Just a heads up in case of problems. That client has a beautiful house !! The tank will be worthy of its location :)

Great tank, going to be tough keeping it pretty from that many angles though!

Think this is going to be a good 'un. The lights are a bit blue for my liking but I'm sure it will look good when it's all done :D

I'd agree with Chris above on the powerheads.

Gill said:
Oh My that is stunning, that wood must have cost you a pretty penny

Lol they have cents and dollars in Australia ;)

That staircase is awesome is it white oak bear in mind I'm looking on an iPhone with a smashed screen so it's the best of judgements your tank looks ace too

thanks everyone, i already repositioned the wave makers yesterday. i have no idea what the stairs are made of, the whole house is really nice though. more photos from today:

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

the rocks weighing down the wood will come out in a few days.

I would say the stairs are either Rimu or Kauri. Probably Rimu from the colour though. Its a very popular wood in Australia and New Zealand. Lovely wood at that, with a price tag to match, but then it looks like money is not an issue there, lol.

Does the Patio Door in the background receive any sunlight ? If so it would be worth suggesting that they have some of that reflective film on the glass.

there is a CO2 reactor in the sealed sump, lights are maspect LEDs (with blues turned down).

plant list:
lilaeopsis braziliensis
staurogyne porta velho
crypt spp.
crypt retrospiralis
amazon sword
blyxa japonica
echinodorus vesuvius
java moss
anubias spp.
needle leaf javafern
windelov java fern