• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

240L

nico

Hi everybody ,

Here is a lay-out i'm working on, the tank is 240L , 120*45*45cm , i still have to finish the plantation , the background will be fully planted (nothing in the left part at this moment) , i want the background to be light and colorful , only have to wait for it to grow :D

hope you like it ;)

240l16aout.jpg

240l16aoutcentrel.jpg

240l16aoutcentre.jpg

and some pictures of the inhabitants , quite a few varieties in this tank as recently rather than keeping a big school of fishes i'd rather have many different species:)

Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis

240llemontetra.jpg

Tanichthys albonubes

240ltanychtis.jpg

red phantom

240lhp.jpg

rasbora dorsiocellata in an earlier version of this tank

240lrasbora2ap0.jpg

puntius rhomboocellatus also in an earlier version of this tank

240lpuntiuspres5guilletne8.jpg

240lpuntius27guinld0.jpg

a shrimp

240lcrevette1.jpg

240l23aout.jpg

Oh my lord, thats going to be incredible! That wood is delightful, i shall be doing something similar in the near future so i'll be keeping a keen eye on this one!

Lovely work :D

It is grate fun waiting for things to grow you can neaver be 100% what you are going to get. looking good keep us posted on the tanks progress

I think I remember seeing this over on APC. It's looking great. What is that tan-colored carpeting plant? It complements the driftwood very well.

Very nice job. Looks amazing at the moment. Can not wait to see the mature version.

Thank you for your comments :D

Hydrophyte , the carpet is mainly composed of tenellus , but there are also 3 varieties of eleocharis some glosso and some moss , actually i am not even sure what it's going to look like once finished :D

for this lay-out i feel like something is missing in the foreground , maybe some more wood on the ground to give a more natural -less organize- effect for the lay-out that seems to "clean" at this point ?

once this version will be finished , i'll try a version with some stones in the foreground , not so sure it will match with the scene though but it is worth a try ;)

those are the plants used for this lay-out , quite a lot of varieties for this one :D

background , rotala sp green , eleocharis vivipara , green macrandra , hygrophila polysperma , vallisneria nana , ludwigia arcuata needle leaf , rotala indica , myriophillum matogrossense , hygrophila sp ,MU

middle section : microsorum narrow leaf , bolbitis ,cryptocoryne wendi green , fantanalis sp , vesicularia sp , tenellus , (

foreground :tenellus (2 varieties , red and green , i'll try to keep only a little bit of the red one), cryptocoryne parva , eleo acicularis , eleo parvula , eleo short , glosso , vesicularia sp .

i modified a bit the hardscape , still i am not satisfied yet so i will work on it a bit more :D
anyways here is the central part ;)

240l1septcentre.jpg

It`s starting to show some nice textures, Nico. I especially like the foreground and the ferns around the wood.

Dave.

it looks great! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Im really loving how you captured the water surface moving too

Thank you for your comments :D

Dan , there are tons of tanks using wood with those plants and still they all look different , so i dont think that you have to worry about it ;)

I wish i could get my tank to look like that. :thumbup:

I love how this is turning out! I love the natural woodland type feel to it.

Back