• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

240ltr Discus planted tank

korakot

Hi, this is my latest tank

Very simple hardscape.
7977412352_b66a6bd72a.jpg
IMG_2176 by kongponsrisiri, on Flickr

First day.
7977410607_613b10b599.jpg
DSC_2284 by kongponsrisiri, on Flickr

Second week.
7977435208_f32f2bc40f.jpg
DSC_2343 by kongponsrisiri, on Flickr

Third week.
7977430980_44065d5d23.jpg
DSC_2452 by kongponsrisiri, on Flickr

Tank detail
Size 240 ltrs
Filters:
-Two Eheim 2215 Media: ADA BioRio, Seachem Matrix, Seachem Purigen, Eheim Filter Foams
-All Pond Solutions 1400EF Media: Ceramic ring, Bio Ball
Substrate: ADA Power sand Special S, Tuormaline BC, Bacter 100, Clear Super, Penac P, API First Layer Pure Laterite
ADA Amazonia new, Amazonia Powder
Light T5 High Output White 10K Bulbs 39Wx4 8hrs/day

Plants:
Cryptocoryne x willisii
Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'brown'
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Tropica'
Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow'
Glossostigma elatinoides
Echinodorus tenellus
Alternanthera reineckii 'Pink'
Ludwigia arcuata
Ludwigia repens
Bucephalandra sp Sintang
Bucephalandra sp. 'Melawi'
Bucephalandra sp. 'Kapit'
Bucephalandra sp. 'Riam Macam'

Thank you,
Korakot.

nice to see someone else with one of these tanks they are good for the price. i have the grey cabinet one. :thumbup:

Wow your discus has really grown. My discus in my planted tank doesn't seem to grow much. I can only feed them once a day though.

Wow your discus has really grown. My discus in my planted tank doesn't seem to grow much. I can only feed them once a day though.
i feed them with ox heart two to three times a day and they never enough, feed yours fish more mate.

Do you have to do a water change everytime you feed them ox heart? I'm afraid to feed my discus ox heart because it clouds the water and makes it smell funny, something filters cannot really get rid of. So I just feed them frozen bloodworms on weekdays and live tubifex on weekends.

Also, do you inject CO2? It looks like you do, whats the bubble rate? I find my discus become sluggish and fall sick easily if the bubble rate is too high.

Do you have to do a water change everytime you feed them ox heart? I'm afraid to feed my discus ox heart because it clouds the water and makes it smell funny, something filters cannot really get rid of. So I just feed them frozen bloodworms on weekdays and live tubifex on weekends.

Also, do you inject CO2? It looks like you do, whats the bubble rate? I find my discus become sluggish and fall sick easily if the bubble rate is too high.

I got cloudy water just 5mins after feed them,I do 50%water change once a week.
CO2,Yes i do but I never count bubble,i turn it quite hi rate but just for 1-2hrs until drop checker change to light green(almost yellow) then turn it off.My discus look stress and hiding when co2 on too but after 1/2hr when co2 off they will show up and ready for first meal.

Hmm... looks like I have to try ox heart (called beef heart) here. Do you buy ready-made or mix up your own batch with raw ingredients?

beautiful fish. beautiful tank. I thought discus were supposed to be a nightmare! You have made it look easy.

Back