• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

25 liter low tech

peti44

This whole low tech project started with the breeding of my 'ancis'. I put all the little ancis into a 25l tank. When I started aquascaping , I reranged this one, too. I sold the ancis one after an other, now I keep only red cherrys.

4344121902_58facfa365.jpg

In large size: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/434 ... 7c5d_o.jpg

wow i love the way its formed almost a canopy i bet your shrimp love it

BAE said:
wow i love the way its formed almost a canopy i bet your shrimp love it
I'm glad that you like it. :)

The datas of the tank:

size: 25 liter
lighting: 10 w
filtration: 400 lph internal filter
fertilization: -
CO2: -
substrate: 'painted gravel' (I'm not sure if that's the expression for that)
water changes: 50%/months
plants: Riccia fluitans, anubias, ceratopteris, java moss, Cladophora Aegagrophila and microsorium

Very nice Peter :) Has it always been 10w lighting, or did you start higher and lower it after things had established? I've just started a 15 litre tank and the 11w light I have over it looks pretty dull. It also doesn't light all of the tank unless I fiddle with the angle it rests at (Arcadia Arcpod).

SteveUK said:
Very nice Peter :)
Thanks Steve!

SteveUK said:
Has it always been 10w lighting, or did you start higher and lower it after things had established? I've just started a 15 litre tank and the 11w light I have over it looks pretty dull. It also doesn't light all of the tank unless I fiddle with the angle it rests at (Arcadia Arcpod).
Well, yes, it has been always 10W lighting. As you can see my tank is quiet dark, but it is mainly because of the riccia on the top of the water. These plants don't need more light, so i think it is enough.

hydrophyte said:
This is a cool little tank.
Thanks!

1-2 photo:

anubias
4343652993_83d0bf74e7.jpg

emers riccia
4197528229_f7e10e5c75.jpg

Back