• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

27 litre scape - "Bearing new fruit"

2213, all the way, endlers don't like the flow because like guppies they're not strong swimmers initially and are prone to becoming lazy.

Looking good pal!

Nice one there! I would like to do a "Tree Scape" myself. Just need to work a bit on "she who must be obeyed" as I'm one tank short ATM. I also need to find a piece of wood that would do the job.

I've put some stone in today and I quite like it. I need to plant more eleocharis at the back of the scape. I'll post a pic when I get a chance later/tomorrow. Busy weekend ahead though.

Well, I'm quite happy with the positioning. Was difficult as I had to uproot a little of the eleocharis. Now, I need to plant more! I think the stones are subtle enough, and should look nice with some eleocharis growing inbetween them.

Tree_scape_april_04.jpg

Garuf said:
2213, all the way, endlers don't like the flow because like guppies they're not strong swimmers initially and are prone to becoming lazy.

My endlers like my flow of my fluval 204, 10x turnover on my 60l tank. They are always swimming into the outflow near the outet.

Loving the tree

And, asif by magic, the tank lives up to it's name! I've just gone around feeding various tanks and I noticed a few tiny babies in this tank... I looked closer and current head count for new briths is 9 fry! These plus the 2 older (few weeks) fry make 11 so far :)

Added about 20 or so cherry shrimp on Saturday. They settled in well and are competing with the Yamato shrimp for algae :) All happy and munching away!

Anyone ever noticed their amano and cherry shrimp eating blood worm? Mine seem quite happy to munch on this if they get to one before the endlers do :)

Few updated pics. Moss needs a trim :) You can just make out some of the youngest fry in the background at the bottom left!

01_27L_all.jpg

3 week old fry:

02_27L_fry_3_weeks.jpg

Possibly the parents? May be the other pair!

03_27L_parents.jpg

One of the new cherries:

04_27L_cherry.jpg

I need to take some better pics :) I was hastily taking a few pics before work this morning :)

Hah, cool band name :)

I can't help but think this needs something more. Maybe a re-shuffle of the rocks. It definately needs it's bold spot filling in around the back of the "tree" :)

Back