• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2ft Optiwhite - The Rising Sun

blue33

Seedling
Hi guys! Just want to share with friendly guys from UKAPS on my 2 month setup 60X40X40cm Opti-white tank. Some of the piping and leads on the rock i'm too lazy to be remove. The dwarf riccia pebble will be remove also. The tank is still under going scaping. Thanks!

IMG_2064-2a.jpg

Some of my fauna pictures!

Sakura shrimp
IMG_1840.jpg

Yamato shrimp
IMG_1841.jpg

And my 15 mins vivarium while doing water changing
IMG_1877.jpg

Current Plant lists(some of the plants has being removed):
Cryptocoryne spec. legroi
Hemianthus Micranthemoides
Ludwigia Arcuata
Ludwigia Brevipes
Pogostemon Stellatus
Riccia sp. 'Dwarf'
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan'
Rotala Macrandra
Echinodorus Tenellus
Eleocharis sp. (Japan Hairgrass)
Cryptocoryne parva
Anubias barteri var nana 'Petite'
Microsorum pteropus "needle leaves" (Narrow Leaf Java Fern)
Blyxa Japonica
Myriophyllum Mattogrossense (just added)
Mini Chrismas Moss(on the rocks) - looks similar to Taiwan moss but much nicer
Peacock/Spiky Moss(on the woods)
US Fissiden

Fauna lists:
28 Cardinal Tetra
3 Fucata Rainbow
3 Oto's
4 Trigonostigma espei
1 Trigonostigma heteromorpha
Around 15 Amano Shrimp
10+++ Sakura Shrimp (reproducing fast)
3-4 Malayan Shrimp

Actually this is my first hardscape and also my 2nd tank in planted. My first tank was basically a test bed on planting which i've posted here before. I started this hobby only in Feb2008, still a newbie. :D Still alot to learn from you guys. :D

My first tank, no hardscape, looks like forest. :lol:
IMG_1236-2.jpg

Specs:
Tanks size - 60X40X40cm Opti-white (8mm)
Lighting - (4X24 watts T5) - on 2 hrs morning for feeding purpose, 7hrs straight in the evening
Filter - Ehiem 2026 using rainbar and surface skimmer
PC fan on 24hr, Singapore is too warm here, usual temp is 30degree Celsius, with fan on is around 27-28
5Kg Canister CO2, 3-4bps
External CO2 reactor connected to Eheim 2026, DIY type(those filter canister)
EI methods(ferts) - dont really have a fix amount as it really depends on the plants need, same for trace
Additional ferts: Seachem iron/Ferroplant chelated iron, potassium sulphate, Dr Mallicks Aqua
Water change - Weekly 50%

Note: thanks to Ceg4048, for sharing his info/knowledge previously and also his great writeup of EI methods. :D

Lovely tanks!

I'd be happy if my first attempt (still collecting my hardware) was half as good as those tanks.

Hi Blu33,

Where do you shop in Singapore?

Do you go straight to the farms for your plants or shops?

I was in Singapore last year.

There are few shops that most planted tank hobbyist would shop is, at Thomson road there's 2 shop which they are popular selling planted tank stuff, they are Nature Aquarium and Colourful Aquarium, and there's also popular shop in Clementi(C328 we called)) and Yishun(Y618 we called). Normally i'll order plant from certain shop and the farm will deliver to them. If you drop by Singapore next time, i can bring you around to shop, just give me some transport fee. :lol: Things are really cheap over here. Plant can cost as cheap as SGD$0.80(sing dollar) onwards, eg rotala sp green SGD$1.

A close up of the moss on the wood. Currently the plant has went through a major trimming.

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

Hi,i love both your tanks very nice layouts thanks for showing us,regards john

Back