2ft Over Tank Luminaire

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by johnny70, 20 Mar 2008.

1. johnny70

johnny70 Member

Anyone know where I can get a reasonable priced around 20-24" over tank luminaire, I had seen some cheapish ones on ebay but have lost the link, I have found some but no the one I wanted, i would like it to have half decent lighting :D

Any help would be great

Thanks

JOHNNY

2. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

I'm using the Arcadia 60cm 4 x 24w HO T5. It's great, but not the cheapest. What's your budget?

3. johnny70

johnny70 Member

I was hoping >£50 :D

Got a link George?

JOHNNY

4. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Here's a link, but not below £50 I'm afraid! I don't think you'll find the Arcadia units anywhere for anything near that price!

5. daniel19831123

daniel19831123 Member

The seller that I think you are referring to is EQJ Trading. I've got mine from them for 50 quid including changing the tubes and postage. Too bad the unit didn't come with a hingeable stand. You have to either push the unit backwards or totally remove it to access the tank.

Dan

6. Voo

Voo Member

7. daniel19831123

daniel19831123 Member

what the heck???!!! That guy won't the bid by 13 quid!!! and it's one with hinge on it! The last time I bid for this item I place 45 quid and still I lose the bid :twisted:

8. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Ive got one of these light kits and got another on the way cant fault them. You do have to chose your moment when bidding though, in order to get a bargain.

Sam

9. johnny70

johnny70 Member

10. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Note that the tubes are only 8w each, 24w total.

Sam

11. zig

zig Member

These are great light units for the money you pay, I have 3 of these now. Just bear in mind the legs that come with the 3x24W units are practically useless rubbish, they do come with a hanging set though which is good quality. I wouldn't let that put you off though, hard to beat the price.

12. StevenA

StevenA Member

Yea i've got a 3x24w and also a 3x39w, can't fault either of them really, they both work well on their respective tanks, they look pretty good, and the guy that sells them in Germany got both of mine to me within 5 or 6 days from paying for them. :D

13. Martin

Martin Member

I managed to buy my 60cm 4 x 24w HO T5 Arcadia luminaire from ebay for £45 with 3 spare tubes! Right place at the right time.Bought it for a buy it now price. Gotta love ebay :D

14. planter

planter Member

I have an Arcadia 4 x 24watt T5 luminaire. Not as cheap as the ebay items but top quality, highly recommended!

15. johnny70

johnny70 Member

managed to get one of the 2ft 48w ones from the German seller for £16.00 + postage, so can't complain.

Cheers
    JOHNNY