• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2hr Aquarist

Sammy Islam

Hey guys,
I've been reading a lot recently trying to figure out what i can do to improve plant health.

On the 2hr aquarist site under the fertilisation page he talks about EI dosing and his own version of dosing. I noticed that for EI po4 values range from 2-6ppm per week and his own dosing regime has 2-8ppm po4. Seeing as most of us use around 3ppm po4, how comes the "max" values are much higher?

Does anyone use higher values for po4 while dosing EI? Doesn't adding more po4 increase the need for more co2 and other ferts?

Thanks

Well it could be relating to the actual level of PO4 and not the dosing level of PO4 which is useful if using RO water. There is no legal requirement for your water company to report on PO4 levels as there is no legal limit.
So we may dosing 3ppm PO4 but our tap water might be supplying more than that on WC day.

As long as the PO4 levels are non limiting the level (within reason) will be irrelevant, think the most limiting nutrient is always CO2 and the most difficult to control

Ah ok that makes sense especially for RO users. Forgot about what could be in the tap water, plus whatever the fish food could add too.

I agree co2 is by far the hardest to judge and get right. Should always be looked at first!

I guess i'll keep on reading 😂 ;)

Thanks

Back