• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2nd filter for c02

Mick low

Seedling
Hi guys new here so near with me
I know this may of been asked before dozens of times but...
Basically I'm running a sera flora reactor 500 on a aqua one cf1200on a juwel 180 but it's pretty noisy and quite a few bubbles about ..
So I was wondering I have a aps ef150 filter spare is it possible I could use this as a reactor and if so what would I need if anyone could help me

Attachments

• 15885195842805882006401796869760.jpg
    15885195842805882006401796869760.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 125
Yh I have tried the inline diffuser on main filter and it turns water into Sprite that's why I changed to reactor

You need to install it on the inflow of the filter, not the outflow. Some argue this is not safe for the bacteria colony in it but since you'll be doing it on a secondary filter that will not be a problem. If you intall the diffuser on the inflow the co2 bubbles will have plenty of time to dissolve in the water as it moves through the filter, working essentially like a reactor.

Yeah take out all media and use a inline diffuser on the smaller filter to use it as a reactor

Right ok get u now sorry lol I dont have an inline diffuser now but I have an in tank 1 I can run underneath the inlet strainer what is best to use inside the filter before the impeller

You can use it under the inlet, no problem, but I'd suggest getting a cheap inline diffuser as soon as you can, Qanvee diffusers are dirt cheap on ebay.

Yh I have tried the inline diffuser on main filter and it turns water into Sprite that's why I changed to reactor

You need to install it on the inflow of the filter, not the outflow. Some argue this is not safe for the bacteria colony in it but since you'll be doing it on a secondary filter that will not be a problem. If you intall the diffuser on the inflow the co2 bubbles will have plenty of time to dissolve in the water as it moves through the filter, working essentially like a reactor.

I use this method and have done for quite some time, and despite claims that it damages the bacteria colony as well as damages the filter seals, I have never had any such issues.

In terms of the 7up effect, this will be lessened by simply installing it on the inflow, but not necessarily eliminated without quite a bit of tweaking. You can however virtually eliminate the 7up effect using this method, as well as filter burping and still get the required CO2 levels you want into the water by starting the CO2 earlier. This allows you to achieve the desired CO2 dissolution by the time lights come on using a slower BPS injection rate. You just need to tweak the BPS injection rate to be as low as possible to achieve the required lights on CO2 level and to ensure that it remains stable throughout your photo period, which took me quite some time and messing about to perfect. In the end I settled on CO2 on four hours before lights on, which gets me the required level of CO2 dissolution with minimal bubbles making it into the tank

I too have done it this way for quite a while, no issues and completely removes the 7up effect.
My diffuser is underneath the inflow for a fx6 which purges itself every 12hours so that stops any burping of the filter.

Back