• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2nd Hand Filter Media - Risk?

It was a joke alto. ;) My last Eheim also came with media.
:lol:
I almost bought one of those sponges the first time I saw them (for the kitchen) until I saw the price :eek:

- as some people actually do use kitchen scrubbers in their filters, I thought perhaps you’d found the Seriously Discounted Box :D

I'm assuming there is no issue with leaving substrate in the open air for a while. Have you used it Alto? If so, did you pre-rinse?
It should be fine

ADA does suggest that dried out substrate may crumble more easily ... but then one can just spray before planting - ADA does suggest planting in fairly damp Amazonia (but then I’ve seen video of Amano planting in rather dry Amazonia as well ...)

Aquarium Soils are not designed to be rinsed (unlike gravels/sands), just place in tank
George Farmer, Filipe Oliveira, Jurijs mit JS all have clear, detailed planting videos

You do want to take care when messing with hardscape (heavy stones) as this can crush soil - though I find it’s mostly noticeable when reusing soil

Thanks Alto - it's the JBL plantsoil I've got, I'll dig around and see what's best for it.

Back