• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2x Turnover worth it ?

Kristoph91

I recently acquired an Azoo Mignon filter, the flow says 60L/h.. I was planning to use it on a 30L tank.
Im wondering whether to leave the 30L lying idle until I find more powerful filtration for it.. Or to take a chance and use it ?

Will this be enough flow for a planted tank with some small rasboras and shrimp?
Or will I need to add another powerhead or filter?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
Kris

Well you have it so you might as well try it. You can always upgrade later, all pond solutions do some great little internals for under a tenner which would suit your tank.

Thanks Morgan, if that is your real name ? :oops:

Think I might do that then. Im just waiting on some replies to my other post about the cat litter substrate to set it up :)

Thanks for the advice and the info, I'll give All Pond Solutions a look this afternoon then... Think I may "accidentally" use my Auld Fella's Paypal :lol:

Kris

:lol: I was thinking you must get a lot of attention with a name like that!
Paul it is :D Nice to meet you :lol:

Thanks for the link, I must say.. I do like the look of the 250L/h corner one. What great prices!

That media suits me, I'm sort of old fashioned with my filter media - coarse sponge, finer sponge and some pea gravel from a mature tank in all of my filters. :)

Thanks for the info Paul :D

Kris

Kris, if that really is the flow rate (and it is probably a maximum so you may not get even that) I would say its not going to do much mate. For a tenner you can buy a Hang on Back filter on ebay that would do 400lph. Less intrusive to the tank and it will actually do something :) If even a tenner is hard to spend at the moment (and hey, it is for me sometimes, and no one will be judgemental about your budget on here) I personally would wait until you can get it. Or maybe use the one you got to start maturing some filter media at least. But I am not sure it will do much for the plants in terms of circulation/flow. Hope this helps

Okay mate, what I will do is this..
Use the 60L/h one till I'm permanently home for the summer and I wont plant the tank till then. That way it will be cycled etc when I return, and I'll have some nice mature media. Then I'll buy a better HOB, the 400L/h one you mentioned, and plant it.
Yeah, my budget is a that of a typical student. After buying essentials, I have around £7 a week to spend on either beer or stuff for the tanks!
I better start saving now :lol:
I'm thinking I better have a good flow because I'm planning to inject CO2, and the light I'm using is the Boyu 3x8w T5 unit that I got from Eboeagles on here. So quite high light and some decent CO2, I'm thinking no point wasting those two inputs with a low flow.

Thanks for the advice :)

Kris

Back