• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2x2x2 planted cube

robert1989

Seedling
I have been on this forum for quite abit but have never got round to posting my tank is a 2x2x2 cube has been set up for around 4 months now. :D

TANK + EQUIPMENT
2x2x2 custom built opti-white tank, Aqua One cabinet.
jbl profi 2 500gram bottle
Arcadia series 4 150 watt halide freshwater lamp
fluval 405 external filter
maxi jet 1300 lph power head
17mm glass inlet and oulet
1x glass diffuser 3000
jbl c02 drop checker

substate
2x9 litres of ada aqua soil africana
1x ada aqua soil africana powder
1x ada power sand special medium 6 litres

fauna
11x cardinal tetras
5x otocinculus
60+ cherry shrimp due to breeding :D

flora
cryptocoryne balansae
rotala sp green
hemianthus callitrichoides 'cuba'
blyxa japonica
fissidens fontanus to come soon

I have recently only just started my dosing of the easy life products. At the start i was just using tap water, but in the last 2 months i have moved over to RO water so i have started dosing. The fish have only been in for 1 week with the hopefull addition of 2x red snakeskin discus in the next month or two. will hopefull be adding pictures soon

here are some pictures of the tank at the minute hope they work :D
p1000609y.jpg
[imghttp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2705/p1000606j.jpg][/img]
p1000605p.jpg

[http://img10.imageshack.us/i/p1000604u.jpg//img]
[img]http://img30.imageshack.us/i/p1000603t.jpg/
p1000596x.jpg

p1000600h.jpg

p1000609p.jpg

im pleased with the africana the cotnrast between the brown of the africana and the green of the hemianthus im happy with the way it looks, its the only ada subsrate ive used aswell. im liking the ada power sand special even though its expansive i think is working good. As it was saturday night last night i havent managed to get round to change the pictures round. I have a small bit of black brush algae just starting to grow on the tips of the blyxa and along the cryptocoryne ill try and upload a picture soon. just wondering if anybody can help me stop it from growing more. Its not alot but its one of the annoying little things that i want to sort out. thanks rob

sorry just looking through the journal then forgot to mention that i had redmoor root wood in there from tgm i no its obvious but i just thought i would menton it and the stone is elephant rock. I would like your opinions on the snakeskin discus going in i think they might look ok at the minute but that they would look out of place when they get bigger. thanks again rob

Looking nice Robert. I don't think a 2ft cube is big enough for anything other than a mated pair of discus. A shaol will bicker and they need to have a bit of space to get out of each other's way at times. If you're after a disc-like effect then maybe some larger tetras might work? Like Bleeding Heart Tetras?

yeh about 50 litres of water per discus, ive had them before in my 185 litre rena, i understand that they have a pecking order was also interested in altums bleeing hearts are nice ido like them diamond tetras are another nice tetra or just more cardinls to up the school. to many decisions :D

Hi Robert,
i think it looks real nice,all the plants look very healthy,fish wise i think a nice shoal of rummy noses would look very nice,

john.

Back