• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 Nano 'heterogeneous' Triptych - The end.

IMO get the external canisters. My hang on filters are solely there whilst I save up for enough for 3 externals. The hang on filters are great, mine were 10 quid each from all pond solutions and work perfectly. But I would rather an external for aesthetic purposes as well as the fact they distribute water flow more efficiently. I notice with hang ons its hard to get flow completely round the tank. But they are great if you don't have such big hard scape blocking the flow like my middle tank. :)

nice, yeah I can imagine their a lot better. I went for these as I knew it would only be 6-8 weeks and then I could get my eheims 2215's under my cabinet. managed to get 2 for 70 quid so just need another one now!! 3x 13mm lily pipes all ordered to so should have them set up in the new year. Managed to get my 20 cherry shrimp through the post today for 20 quid including postage so pretty happy. now just need my black bee shrimp and my blue tiger shrimp :)

FTO TIM.. Thanks tim! peacock moss finally came and have doused my dragon rock in the far right tank with the moss.. hoping to bush up well for my black bee's, ill try get a picture of it up today.. and then in a couple of weeks when it begins to take. Cheers for your patience with the postal services.. I sent out some riccia for LANCSRICK and he still has not received it.. over a week now.. anyway. Pictures will be coming up soon!

I'm very happy to say that my staurogyne repens and Cuba are doing surprisingly well! Really was not expecting this from a non co2 tank. I got both from AL and planted it that weekend.. To this day things seen to be great :) my Cuba is growing and my staurogyne has settled :) I think now for holiday reasons fauna will have to wait till after xmas. ! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

well im holding out on pics tim!! its xmas day tomo if you didn't know! :):):):):):) so the mrs gets her brand new Nikon D3100 from santa so ill wait till this week and get some decent shots! your peacock moss has just begun to start shooting now so after a few weeks of trimming i think it will look wicked in there.. have three nanos you ultimately have one that is not as good as the other two.. I guess this is the learning curve after all. But once your mos has grown in things should be filling out too.. I was thinking about getting some bushes of rotala in at the backs of the tanks instead of the tall hair grass.. Im loving the bright green over hangs of the grass but it really is a pain as my carpet is riccia and needs to be trimmed every week and gets caught behind the grass.. and not to mention the small black bud tips im getting from the grass?? this is where the bright green new shoots come from, but still not the style im after. I gave it a shot, I like it a lot but think i may move onto something a little more bushy and easier to work with. :)

As for fish.. I want the same type of fish to flow through all three tanks.. I have debated getting different species and decided against it. I was possibly thinking fish in the outside tanks and shrimp n the centre, so realistically I would want the same fish in each of the side tanks. I don't want to unbalance the tanks to much with different sized fish... So far I have thought abut 2 types.. here they are...

Black Widow Tetra...
8330172648_27f3bc5512.jpg
black-widow-tetra-3cm--408-pJack Dicker

Boraras brigittae...
8329115049_01a6b986e5.jpg
Boraras-brigittae-3Jack Dicker

Any suggestions would be great.. What do you think about the black widow tetra's? I think there pretty unusual..

Nice mate like the black and white image Cuba looking very healthy considering no co2 nice one mate

Yeah right! just been maintaining the tank to the best of my ability Very happy I can grow this in the tank with no injected co2.. I wanted to steer clear due to costs.. running three tanks from one cylinder or 3 tanks with separate cylinders spelt H.E.A.D.A.C.H.E

:LOL:

Back