• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 Nano 'heterogeneous' Triptych - The end.

Yeah I had Danios but they got to big.. maybe the celestial dont.. Ill have a think. Cheers for the advice mate. I know chilli rasobras will be fine.. they were my original decision but got put off because I have no heating in my tanks. My tanks are stable at around 20-21 degrees but not too sure.. I want to be sure on what I get so maybe have a little more time to have a think. In the mean time ill get up some photos of the 3 sets of 13mm lily pipes I got from the Mrs for xmas ;) got these at 18 quid per set from malaysia... I know what your thinking, I was thinking the same. Until they arrived.

Jack

Hi Jack,
looking absolutely fantastic, a real landscape especially with the blue/white backgrounds :thumbup:
my personal preference for fish would be the boraras brigittae, simply due to size. To keep the scale I'd go for the nano fish as black widows get a few inches long and are deep bodied too so look huge when matured!
great triptych set up mate.
cheerio,
Ady.

Hi Jack, looking absolutely fantastic, a real landscape especially with the blue/white backgrounds my personal preference for fish would be the boraras brigittae, simply due to size. To keep the scale I'd go for the nano fish as black widows get a few inches long and are deep bodied too so look huge when matured! great triptych set up mate. cheerio, Ady.

Kind words Ady, thanks a lot. I think im done on the fish front. From day one my ideal fish were the rasobras so I think Ill bite the bullet and go with my first choice.. your right with keeping the proportions to scale.. This after all is my main priority.

photos will be up soon. been a very busy new year indeed :)

I just pushed it into the cracks of the dragon stone mate, then as it grows more I push it into more cracks, it seems to hold quite well.. My aim is to completely cover the top of the rock :)

I have been thinking about the far right tank. I feel its not up to the standard as the other two so need to do something to change this.. I was thinking a smaller Dragon stone piece pushed into the corner facing away from the tank, so coming out of the soil leaning to the right.. Either this or wood.. My issue with wood is I have no wood in either of the other tanks so feel this may unbalance the scape.. I want to keep it iwagumi style too.. so nothing to drastic. The more I look at the three tanks the more im sure I need to do something with the right hand tank...

anyone got any ideas?

Love the effect of the three tanks together! They do work well when you stand back and look!

I definitely agree with the suggestion of Celestial Pearl Danios - they stay small and would suit your setup really well! Maybe do different shrimp in each tank then? ie. RCS in one, Yellow in another and Black Crystals in the third?

Love the effect of the three tanks together! They do work well when you stand back and look!

Yeah my shrimp choice has been chosen already, Im going for tigers, black bee's and sakura's. Thanks for your comment :)

Just been catching up with this journal, very nice work inded, well done

Thanx a lot Mark mate. its only just beginning to come along now :)

CPDs are pretty accomplished shrimplet hunters IME. So much so I moved them out of my nano into a larger tank. I have brigittae in there now and they're doing very well with bright colours without any heating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks for the advice Mate, good to know they are happy with no heater :) I went to the forest in Cornwall over xmas and got myself some sphagnum moss so was thinking about trying that out some how, start it in a wabi kusa or something :) chilli rasboras are definitely my choice then.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Looking really good mate. Glassware will suit well too.

I love CPD and was considering until I read that previous post :(

Looking really good mate. Glassware will suit well too.

I love CPD and was considering until I read that previous post :(
Yes Mate such a disappointment.. I will bare these in mind next time, for sure. I'm just waiting on one last eheim and then the journal will be back in action.. Been a bit of a dry spot recently due to xmas and deadlines etc. feel like three filters with everything they need including media, glassware, clear piping, clips etc all needs to be times by 3! So this is by far the biggest task of the project. :) once that's done I can focus on the actual tanks a bit more :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back