• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 Red Lights

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... it sounds like a hardware fault which will require it to be sent off for repair.
There will be a page in the manual that tells you what the lights mean. Hopefully I am wrong...

Here another:

I know how to fix it, i fixed my brothers last weekend.

ITs normally related to the CPUs been soldered onto the mainboard, instead of into a socket. Add to this reports that some were put together with incorect thermal blocks been put between the heatsink upside down! What can happen is you get a "dry" connection, and the solder doesnt work right on the connections.

SO!

SOme people have tried things like wrappging their 360 in a towel and over heating it to help fix the connections, or takeing off the heat sink to over heat the cpu. This didnt work for me, so what i did...

Grab a blow tourch! - the truth!
Blast the heatsink so that it gets so hot the heat passes through the sink and cpu into the legs and the soldier. this then helps rpair connections and hey presto it worked again Smiling

good luck.

Might be worth sending it back to Microshite! Or just get a PS3 instead! :p

I trained for 5 years as a broadcast engineer (then ended up as a sysadmin for a while like you Paulo!). That was one of the tricks I picked up along the way. The posh phrase for it is the 'slap test' :lol: :lol:

Register for repair on the xbox website, it'll also tell you if you have warranty.

My Xbox just came back from Microsoft in Frankfurt and it was very quick and a great service.

Ring of death.

I've had this twice on the same machine, first time repaired by MS, cost me £80, then they refunded this a few months later.

Second time, i chucked the machine away, and bought a PS3, totally superior in all ways. Couldn't justify spending £80 on a 3 year old console when you can buy a new core 360 for around £160 new with 2 years warranty, the PS3 was £200. ;)

Back