• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30cm Cube

I went to purchase the smaller tank but the 30cm cube was £5 off and only £24 with the filter so thought why not? I had planned on just having a little emersed setup but I really can't wait any longer for a full scape so here goes!

Threw in some tescos cat litter and some seiru stones I already had. I do have 5/6 smaller stones in my mum's tank but after throwing these in I'm not sure I need to add anything else. Opinions welcome! Too much substrate? Slope won't hold? More stones?

574891_426028647441740_434516777_n.jpg

Have a heater already but really want to upgrade to an inline and an external filter rather than this stock internal. Looks a bit naff.

Not sure on lighting, I have a desk top lamp I could use but thinking I might like some more spread.

Re: 30cm OptiWhite Cube

I quite like the placement of the 2 back stones but im getting distracted with the front larger one... maybe a couple smaller ones would change that?

Is that opti-white glass? It looks very green through the ends in the photo.

JenCliBee said:
I quite like the placement of the 2 back stones but im getting distracted with the front larger one... maybe a couple smaller ones would change that?

Yeah I will try a few different stones at the front when I pick them up, these 3 were all I had in the house.

San-ho-zay you're right. I guess they're not optiwhite, just assumed they were because they're the PAH cubes!

Morgan Freeman said:
JenCliBee said:

Yeah I will try a few different stones at the front when I pick them up, these 3 were all I had in the house.

San-ho-zay you're right. I guess they're not optiwhite, just assumed they were because they're the PAH cubes!

The one i have is deffo high clarity glass. I can see the difference in my two study tanks show in this photo.

IMG_4342.jpg

The lid's are "normal" laminated safety glass, the 70L is an old clear seal tank with black silicone trimmed back.

however, P@H might have changed the tank since the recall.

Best Regards,
John

Cat litter is virtually ready, a slight smell left but I'm just going to leave it for now. Added a ton of dry ferts to the water and osmocote to the substrate. On holiday at the end of the month so won't be adding any livestock until I'm back.

Removed the large stone at the front, might even keep just the two stones. Plans for plants are L. Brasilensis at the front, middle left infront of the stone some Staurogyne Repens, middle right possibly some small cryptocoryne. Back left some stems but not sure which yet.

Sorry for the lack of update, spent all my money on a trip to Bulgaria. Tanks a right state as I left the filter off while away. Been cleaning and planting today, hopefully some pics when everything clears up!

I'm thinking of using Lilaeopsis brasiliensis as a foreground plant but unsure how well it will do with just liquid carbon? Have decided against pressurised as I quite simply don't have the money for a regulator.

It's not as steep now so hopefully it will hold! :eek:

Had a complete disaster with the shrimp, they were sucked into the filter, not the inlet but at the very top where the wire enters there's some suction. Didn't realise until it was too late. Absolutely gutted. Have now replaced the filter for a HOB and made sure there's no chance of it happening again.

Still waiting for a plant order :rolleyes:

Morgan Freeman said:
It's not as steep now so hopefully it will hold! :eek:

Had a complete disaster with the shrimp, they were sucked into the filter, not the inlet but at the very top where the wire enters there's some suction. Didn't realise until it was too late. Absolutely gutted. Have now replaced the filter for a HOB and made sure there's no chance of it happening again.

Still waiting for a plant order :rolleyes:

AFAIK that is one of the faults that led to the recall of these tanks.

Plants arrived. Absolute state. Won't mention the supplier but certainly won't be using them again!

Back