• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30cm Cube

I been reading your posts about optiwhite tanks. I build them if your interested about a quote? For example for a price i do those 30cm cubes i saw u with, for 62.50 with an option to frost the back pane..

Jack

As far as I'm aware it's not allowed. Suffice to say all the plants melted and died within a few days, other plants are doing fine.

No pics as I'm still really unhappy with how things look!

Morgan Freeman said:
As far as I'm aware it's not allowed. Suffice to say all the plants melted and died within a few days, other plants are doing fine.

No pics as I'm still really unhappy with how things look!

Course it's allowed, if you receive bad service, your well within your rights to speak out and name them.

What would be wrong would be to make things sound worse than they were. Just state the condition in your opinion, along with the service etc IN YOUR OPINION'.

:)

Fair enough. It was Plants Alive. The plants were not alive, they were brown and largely leafless. The envelope had flattened the plants and a brown goo leaked out when I opened it, no doubt dead plant matter.

I had a similar experience with them a couple of years ago but fortunately the majority recovered.

Thanks for posting about plants alive I was going to order from them for my new set up once the living room is decorated but guess I'll keep looking :)

Matt

Do they not have a guarantee on the quality of the plants they send? I'm sure they say something like we won't send what we wouldn't like to receive or along those lines

Matt

*Edit*
pasted from their site
Our motto: If we wouldn’t like to receive it, we won’t send it.

We offer a full no quibble money back (or replacement) on all aquarium plants and pond plants. In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with your aquarium plants or pond plants, contact us, where you will find our customer service second to none.

We pride ourselves on our customer service and value your custom. Our aim is to provide a service second to none so that we can look forward to repeat business

they sound pretty reasonable.. someone is bound to get a bad batch at some point. if they say this and mean this then lets not be hasty. contact them and see what they can do... if they were to refuse you service then i think people could start boycotting.. but I think its early days.. Im assuming you havent contacted them? sorry only been reading the last half :) To me someone that corrects a mistake has not made a mistake at all..

After reading through there site properly there a family run business that have been dealing with aquatic plants for 30 odd years. May have just been a postage problem.

What was your final plan for plants anyway :)

Matt

Yes there is that but tbh I didn't really want the hassle of re-ordering and so on. I have ordered from them before and the plants have been fine. They send everything out on the monday and mine were received the next day, the state of the plants couldn't have been from just spending a night in the post. I'm sure it doesn't happen all the time but personally it's put me off using them again, I certainly don't want to encourage others to boycott or anything just to be aware.

Anyway moving on! I may aswell get some pics up in a bit be easier than explaining what the plan is!

Morgan Freeman said:
Fair enough. It was Plants Alive. The plants were not alive, they were brown and largely leafless. The envelope had flattened the plants and a brown goo leaked out when I opened it, no doubt dead plant matter.

I once ordered a bunch of plants from them and was not overly impressed with the quality of what arrived. Never went back.

Sorry about the dark pictures had to use my phone.

It's obviously not finished yet. Need the stems to grow and add some more moss to the front. Will be planting some form of low growing plant in front of the stone on the right.

As for the HOB the peace lilly only went in 2 days ago as did the stems, will be a while before they recover and adapt to emersed growth. Unsure what else to add, it will come to me.

61110_464427360268535_986037194_n.jpg

527755_464427380268533_940884532_n.jpg

550806_464427420268529_204756651_n.jpg

What sort of filter is that on the back? I want to be able to just stick plants in like that immersed. Can u talk us through what u did?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back