• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30cm - Little Mountain

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
This is my 30cm nano. I set it up originally for Tropica, to test out some new plants.

http://www.tropica.dk/article.asp?type=aquaristic&id=855

Full tank shot

f_30cm25galm_0092afc.jpg

These are Oryzias sp. 'Neon Green' from my brilliant LFS. They're fully grown at approx. 15mm. I feed them crushed quality flake.

f_Oryziascropm_3c5c3cb.jpg

Red nose shrimp. Pretty rare in the UK. Thanks to Aqua Essentials for supplying them.

f_rednoseshrim_feb0c9f.jpg

Low-grade crystal red shrimp

f_crscropm_8542398.jpg

Wow George, thats amazing.
Red Nose shrimp are sooooo cool to watch aren't they.
I have around 20 of them and love how the hover about i the current drifting between plants.
do yours get the white markings going from head and back round fro the tail to the head again.
there noses are a s bright as rudolphs aren't they

Very nice George and love the Oryzias. Might have to get myself some of those; they'd look great with my Pseudomugil getrudae. Like the effect the Pogostemon give, almost like a ruffled sword or crypt in a larger tank.

Congratulations George on another great tank :) saw that yesterday when I received my copy of PFK, only went through it quickly didn't have much time yesterday to read through it, looks pretty impressive and love the CRS :)
Went to a LFS yesterday since it was on my way and found they stock CRS for £3 each! so I know where I will get some of those for my shrimp tank, they also sell the Sulawesi shrimp these for £7.50 each, they are so beautifull I will be getting some when my tank is ready.

They had the Cardinal Shrimp:
cardinal_shrimp.jpg

And the Red Goldflake Shrimp:
red_goldflake_shrimp.jpg

They also have the Harlequin Shrimp:
harlequin_shrimp.jpg

These I will have on my tank :)

Impressive, George. These little tanks are growing an interest on me.
Your photography skills are definetly made apparent in these pictures.
It's nice to see that you don't need a relatively high grade CRS for them to look nice. :)

This is a great little tank. Still hard to believe just how small yet tidy it is.

Good work :)

Nice, what rocks did you use, I can't see it written anywhere?

JOHNNY

George Farmer said:
Yes, mini landscape rocks.
I use them in almost all my layouts these days.
Mine were kindly donated by one of the UKAPS sponsors, http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk.
Hi George, I love the rocks if I were to order some for my 60l how should I go about ordering them, I guess I have to order per kilo, how do I know what I get? Any recommendations? thanks

George Farmer said:
25Kg is a safe bet. Worth every penny.

This way you have more options.
:lol:

It's so easy to say when you have the rock donated. £75 for a pile of stone when you have no idea what it might look like is just plain silly imvho.

Whatever floats your boat I guess though.

JAmesM said:
£75 for a pile of stone when you have no idea what it might look like is just plain silly imvho.

Whatever floats your boat I guess though.
Hi JAmesM

I would say the same of I had paid ££ for the rocks.

25Kg is a good quantity to guarantee a nice selection suitable for a wide variety of 'scapes.

The customer should have an idea what they look like. Mini landscape rocks are used in many many aquascapes throughout the world.

Cheers.

JAmesM said:
You could still end up with 20+kg of untidy stone, with unsightly flat areas. Its a big gamble buying stone on the net imo.
Yeah thats what I thought, might do down to the local garden centre and see what they have, last time I was there they had quite a lot of variety, local LFS never have anything decent.

Back