• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30L Fluval Ebi

darthpaul

Ok this is my latest attempt to do a planted tank. I bought a Fluval Ebi as I was keen to to have a shrimp tank.

Tank first setup
IMG_06601.jpg

Then I added some Staurogyne which I got from a UKAPS member
IMG_0661.jpg

Then added a few Seiryu Stones which I got from Westyggyx
IMG_06711.jpg

Followed by gUSH nano drop checker
IMG_0672.jpg

and gUSH pod both from my good friend Johnny at Aquarium Plant Food, added some HC to the pod.
df792133.jpg

CO2 is coming from the Fluval 88, into nano diffuser also from APF :)
IMG_0676.jpg

Then I got some tropica plants from P@H - Firstly Helferi
a231d444.jpg

and some hydrocotyle for between the rocks
6ded902b.jpg

Some Cherry shrimp from a 10L nano I had as a temp home for them
6268f271.jpg

and the tank now looks like this
7d1fb733.jpg

Comments welcomed :D

Looks great Paul are you getting some taller plants for the back or keep them all low growers? that gush drop checker looks great!

Cool. I am considering getting one of these. What would you say are its plus points and what are the downsides ? Is that the fluval substrate they come with or have you put something else in its place?

darthpaul said:
Love the tank, nice size. I want to change the filter (to external with glass on) and it doesnt come with a heater. Yes its the Fluval substrate, plenty of opinions on it but I have had no issues and my cherries have bred at least once.

Cool thanks. What is the light like ? What heater did you opt for ? Ive seen those little thin things. Any good ? What external would you put on it ? A little eheim ecco ?

Light is very good, plants growing well.

I have an old Fluval 204 in my garage which I will use but only once I have glass for it. If I was buying new yes an eheim ecco would be on the possible list.

As for heater I had a small one from another Zolux nano which is there for now but will be getting one of those thin ones with temp control on it at somepoint to.

darthpaul said:
Light is very good, plants growing well.

I have an old Fluval 204 in my garage which I will use but only once I have glass for it. If I was buying new yes an eheim ecco would be on the possible list.

As for heater I had a small one from another Zolux nano which is there for now but will be getting one of those thin ones with temp control on it at somepoint to.

Cool thanks

Nice tank mate, very nice. :) The co2 setup is excellent. Very inspirational. :)

Can't wait to see what happens with that orb and the HC. Great idea mate.

Back