• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

31x21x26, nano, ‘nature heart’

200615081508208196.jpg

Growing slowly but steady ;)
Lovely little nano 👏 Featured on the UKAPS Facebook Page!

The 25cm Fire Aqua cube has 5mm glass. So I think the other tank must be 12mm but could even be 15mm! My guess is it's a 120cm!?

Love the detective work @Ray we will solve this teaser!!

Hoping for a 120cm. He’s deceptively cut off the rest of the tank right of the shot for mystery... Question is can that additional 3mm thickness be gauged from this single photo? 🕵️‍♂️

From the height it almost looks like a 90cm. But either way it’s fresh from the smear marks we can see against the ONF light... @CooKieS would never leave smear marks on a photo unless it was an impromptu shot due to over excitement...

The unusual blue tint on the background that grades out points to custom so we could all be wrong and it’s a custom size!

The plot thickens.....

Last edited:
Great detective work guys i am hoping for another 90cm on the forum but what ever it is i am looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Nah, your good?o_O

Don't neglect that Nano!
Si

don’t worry, nano is too easy to care, no place for neglect on this one. ;)

The 25cm Fire Aqua cube has 5mm glass. So I think the other tank must be 12mm but could even be 15mm! My guess is it's a 120cm!?

If only :), the silicon work isn’t Ada level (this tank was made by an local artisan) so glass looks thicker than it really is (8mm).

Love the detective work @Ray we will solve this teaser!!

Hoping for a 120cm. He’s deceptively cut off the rest of the tank right of the shot for mystery... Question is can that additional 3mm thickness be gauged from this single photo? 🕵️‍♂️

From the height it almost looks like a 90cm. But either way it’s fresh from the smear marks we can see against the ONF light... @CooKieS would never leave smear marks on a photo unless it was an impromptu shot due to over excitement...

The unusual blue tint on the background that grades out points to custom so we could all be wrong and it’s a custom size!

The plot thickens.....

so who’s Sherlock and who’s Holmes @Geoffrey Rea and @Ray?:D

Good point about the custom size, unfortunately it’s way smaller than you guys though! That gradient foil is actually the Ada light screen one....cutted to dimensions.
Great detective work guys i am hoping for another 90cm on the forum but what ever it is i am looking forward to it.

hey @Deano3, little smaller than a 90p. Can’t wait to see yours too :cool:

so who’s Sherlock and who’s Holmes @Geoffrey Rea and @Ray?:D
So long as it's the Guy Richie movie version I'm happy to be either!
If only :), the silicon work isn’t Ada level (this tank was made by an local artisan) so glass looks thicker than it really is (8mm).
Damn - I would never have guessed! I was unsure about the thickness but was 100% sure it was 45x45x?? and you've included at least 75cm of length so 80x45x45?

Chapeau for supporting a local craftsman & looking forward to further updates. Also while I have your attention please can we see the nano from other angles? Having exactly the same tank with just some crypts, staurogyne and anubias is a source of constant chagrin for me...

I am sure you mentiomed a 80cm in other thread so should be great mate

So long as it's the Guy Richie movie version I'm happy to be either!

Damn - I would never have guessed! I was unsure about the thickness but was 100% sure it was 45x45x?? and you've included at least 75cm of length so 80x45x45?

Chapeau for supporting a local craftsman & looking forward to further updates. Also while I have your attention please can we see the nano from other angles? Having exactly the same tank with just some crypts, staurogyne and anubias is a source of constant chagrin for me...

Of course Ritchie’s movie, wasn’t thinking about Lucy Liu! :lol:

tank is 80x40x40cm.;)

for other pics of my nano, I invite you to check my IG account here;
https://www.instagram.com/my_aquascaping_diaries/

I am sure you mentiomed a 80cm in other thread so should be great mate

Yes , big improvement over the 60p for me, already got a LOT of hardscape ideas, still needs some equipment (new filter, pipes, hoses) and then I’ll start searching for hardscape. :)

Of course Ritchie’s movie, wasn’t thinking about Lucy Liu!

tank is 80x40x40cm.;)

for other pics of my nano, I invite you to check my IG account here;
https://www.instagram.com/my_aquascaping_diaries/

Yes , big improvement over the 60p for me, already got a LOT of hardscape ideas, still needs some equipment (new filter, pipes, hoses) and then I’ll start searching for hardscape. :)
Sounds great mate, i have had a 60p in past but used to my 45p now and everytime i go to horizon i see the 60p and it looks huge

Looking forward to seeing your hRscale ideas sure will be great. Keep us up to date with progress and i did the same just slowly purchasing everything as no rush.

Still need a few bits but we decided to put house up for sale so would rather wait till move but hopefully not be too long wosh i waited before buying the tank haha.

I may put the delivery date back or get delivered my parents garage.
On the plus side be better to have a larger house maybe larger tank one day

Dean

Did you change the filter on this or stick with the small internal? Not that I was zooming in on the inspiration? :p

After trimming and maintenance ;

200703082847356242.jpg

Sometimes I wonder why I’m not doing just nano as they are so easy in comparison to bigger tanks :lol:

Somethings are much easier indeed water changes, less trimming. But a nano tank can also be a PITA to hardscape and very limiting in plant selection and hardscape that you can use IMO!

Nice tank congrats

Back