• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

35 Litre Filter Options?

si walker

Appreciating your suggestions on this..
Nearly ready to set up a 35 ltr Dennerle Scapers Tank. (28 cm Depth)
I am going to attempt "Jungle Style" planting.
Bio CO2 and medium light.
Planning on stocking a couple of small fish and a couple of shrimp.

Quickly running out of budget at this point and need to make a decision on filtration.

I was considering a Dennerle Scapers Flow?
Small external canister?
Or even a small internal filter?

Planning on only stocking a couple of small fish and a couple of shrimp.

What are you guys using and do you recommend anything in particular?

Thank you!

I just set up the same tank for shrimp only and, with the help of the two videos below, combined the two filters and I'm really pleased with the results.

As the 35l Scapers tank has a slightly less height than the tanks in the videos, I trimmed a little off of the two clear centre tubes so I could get the Mini Pat head closer to the filters and have plenty of headroom to play with. The filters from Finest Filters on eBay and the Mini Pat from Pro Shrimp.

Thank you BarryH.
That filter was high on my list also! You just don't hear a bad review. Just looked at pro shrimp and they are sold out.
I will see if anyone else has any surprise suggestions that happen to be in stock??

With the Pat Mini i guess that you can keep the lid on right?
Lots of people seem to not worry about the lid, especially when routing pipes etc for external filters.

Cheers mate.
Simon.

Thank you BarryH.
That filter was high on my list also! You just don't hear a bad review. Just looked at pro shrimp and they are sold out.
I will see if anyone else has any surprise suggestions that happen to be in stock??

With the Pat Mini i guess that you can keep the lid on right?
Lots of people seem to not worry about the lid, especially when routing pipes etc for external filters.

Cheers mate.
Simon.
The flow on the Mini Pat is "controllable" Simon but I should add, it's not one of its best features. There are Mini Pat filters available on Amazon but be careful, the one I initially bought came fitted with an EU plug, not a UK plug. I guess it wouldn't be much a problem to cut the plug off and fit a UK one in its place but I thought since I had paid for a filter to use in the UK it should have come suitably equipped. I returned it to Amazon without any problems.

Regarding lids, although I have no lids on any of my other tanks, I do use the lid on the Scapers tank, mainly because it's well finished and looks good.

Back