• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

35ltr Nano Fighter Tank

johnny70

Arcadia 35ltr Tank, 11w Arcadia Arc Pod Light, Eheim Aquaball Filter, Eco Complete Substrate, Mopani Wood, Ocean Rock and Pagonda Stones.

Fish.
1 Siamese Fighter
2 BN Plec
4 Oto
8 Red Cherry Shrimp

Plants. Its possible that some of these may not have the correct ID
Echinodorus Latifolius
Bolbitis heudelotii
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Mi Oya'
Hygrophila corymbosa 'Angustifolia'
Echinodorus "Ozelot" Green
Hygrophila corymbosa ‘siamesis 53B’
Echinodorus x Barthii
Eusteralis Stellata
Althernanthera reineckii ‘lilaciana’
Lobelia Cardinalis
Ludwiga Repens

The Tank.
Tank-DSCF9304.jpg

The wood.
Wood-DSCF9301.jpg

Eco Complete
Substrate-DSCF9303.jpg

Plants(not all these were used
Plants-DSCF9300.jpg

Start.
Hardscape-DSCF9305.jpg

Few plants later.
No_Water-DSCF9310.jpg

Finished, water added.
Full-DSCF9319.jpg

Full-DSCF9318.jpg

Full-DSCF9315.jpg

Full-DSCF9312.jpg

Shimmer-DSCF9383.jpg

Hope you like.

Dosing easycarbo and Micro and Macro Nutrients

Please be gentle with the criticism's, I'm not an aquascaper like most you, but I enjoy the planted aquariums :D

Regards
JOHNNY

Now thats what a betta tank should be, not a wine glass.
I like the look so far and am sure it will only improve as things grow in.
And bettas do thrive in a jungle scape, they love to hide and wrap themslelves in the stems.

Couple of points though, the Echinodorus will outgrow the tank in no time and the powerball may have too much flow for the betta, have you considered using a eden 501 external.

By the way if you put hardscape, plants and water into a tank then you are an aquascaper. Maybe not to competition standards but still.

Thanks.

The Echinodorus I know about, will just be in there until its grows up then its going in the big tank :) I know what you mean about aquaballs they can be a bit stong, but aiming the output to the glass slows the flow down for him, I have several fighter tanks like this and they all seem happy, as they get gunky too the flow slows down for them :D but I will check out the suggested filter.

Thanks
JOHNNY

That's a great scape :) once it fills out I think you'd be pleasantly surprised how good it looks :)

BTW Ech species have massive root systems, by the time its outgrown the tank you'd probably have to find you have to rip the whole tank apart in order to get it out. Best remove it now if you are able :)

Sam

Didn't think the roots would get that big that quickly, bugger!

Thanks for the comments :D

JOHNNY

Did you get the tank from that marine place in matlock? I almost bought one they look good, Perfect for a betta.

Didn't know there was a marine place in Matlock, what's it called? not Tansley Garden Centre??

I got this from Wharf Aquatics in Pinxton.

JOHNNY

Erm could well be, Out on the outside of matlock, could well be, it has a coral bath in the middle of it as you walk in...

yeah thats the one, don't buy much from there, only fish I bought was a Royal L190 a couple of weeks back, shame he was underfed :( and had no wood in his tank

JOHNNY

There freshwater tanks are awful, I can't help but want a marine tank now after looking at their stock tanks!

Is there any other good shops your way? I'm from stoke but head out matlock way once every now and then.

Wharf @ Pinxton
Cranfield Hall @ South Normanton(5mins from Wharf)
The Mill Garden Centre @ Chesterfield

These are worth a visit if your over this way

JOHNNY

I have some Echinodorus latifolius planted at the front of the tank, aome of this has dies off, is this normal? I have just planted the plantlets in the eco complete, but some seems not to good? any advice

Cheers
JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
I have some Echinodorus latifolius planted at the front of the tank, aome of this has dies off, is this normal? I have just planted the plantlets in the eco complete, but some seems not to good? any advice

Cheers
JOHNNY

Is it newly planted? As they are usually grown emersed it's common for some of the leaves to die off, but submerse ones should grow in. They do seem to need a fair bit of light to do well.

Yeah about 3 weeks I think :)

I have 11w's over 35ltr. is that enough?

Cheers
JOHNNY

I think they may need a little more than that ideally. I have grown it under a 24W power compact tube in a two foot tank and it never does that well under that but it's hanging on!

Any idea's on a new light then, something that can fit on the nano? dont have room to hang anything doen so must sit on the tank:)

Idea's please

Regards,
JOHNNY

Been a few weeks growing, seems like its filling out ok.
shimmer-IMG_2666.jpg

Any advice? would really like advice on the foreground plant, its taking over

Annd here's my other betta, 'Merlins Jungle' I love the overgrown look of this tank, not to everyones taste i know.
Merlin-IMG_2676.jpg

JOHNNY

Back