• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

39w T5's

if i wanted to go high tech? would 4 x 39w t5's be enough.
sorry for all the questions, :oops: i,m new to the planted tank game.

thanks for the replys Aaron, i do have another option i think i could use, i have a arcadia series 3 metal halide unit it,s a single 250w with 2 x t8 tubes.
i have looked at verious bulb supplies but can only find a 4000k lamp that will fit, i,m finding it hard to find FC-2 250w metal halide bulbs can anyone point in the right direction for a lamp of around 6000K to 7000K :?:

Mark

yes i looked at lampspecs, they do a 5200k which might be ok, should i run the t8,s with a higher k or go lower than the 5200k halide lamp.

MarkP said:
yes i looked at lampspecs, they do a 5200k which might be ok, should i run the t8,s with a higher k or go lower than the 5200k halide lamp.

it depends on the colour you are after:
pink/ red - <4000k
green - 4000-8000k
white - 10 000-12 000k
blue - 12 000k>

I am just generalising with those figures, so choose a combination which will show off the fishes & plants colours off best.

MarkP said:
if i wanted to go high tech? would 4 x 39w t5's be enough.
sorry for all the questions, :oops: i,m new to the planted tank game.

My tank is is roughly 6' x 2' x 2', and i run 8 x 39W t5's, so 4 would be fine for a high tech setup for yourself.

Back