• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3ft tank ideas?

Wayney

Hi there dudes and dudettes, I'm just about to set up a 3ft tank after a lengthy break from aquariums and are falling short on ideas. Planting is gonna be simple- Vallis, crypts and some sort of lily. Where I'm stuck is fish choice coz i want the fish to be the focus and not the plants. For shoalers im going for glowlights, bottom feeders will be skunk loaches but i have not got a clue for a centre piece fish :? .

So if you've got any ideas please dont hestitate to chuck em at me :wave:
Regards Wayne,

Hi,

For me the obvious choice would be to add a pair of cichlids. Rams or other dwarf cichlids are possibly the easiest option in that buying a male and a female is fairly easy, whereas many larger species they're hard to sex until adulthood. But, if you hunt around you may find an adult pair of something larger that somebody wants to sell on.

Ive sent you a PM with some suggestions I was given on a variety of cichlids.

Good luck with your choices, but whatever you choose, remember the glowlights are fairly small so don't choose too large a fish or they'll become food :)

Best of luck.

Cheers

Gavin

Thanks for your input folks. Cichlids were one idea that cropped up as i've kept convicts,firemouths,angels,discus and severums in the past-not in the same tank though :rolleyes: .
Keyholes are nice looking fish and worth some research me thinks. Dwarf cichlids would be cool too but i fear that my water might be slighly on the hard side for them to flourish as i would like. Bettas are pretty fish but just dont float my boat unfortunately.

Thanks again for your ideas guys,
Regards Wayne,

Back