• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3rd Time Lucky 45p

It is a lovely.little scape looks really healthy well.done mate hope it's achived everything you wanted it too
Thanks jay thats very kind and all i wanted this time was to grow plants and thats achieved son onto the next scape soon i think.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Today i foind out i have baby cherries first one i have seen, how many do they normally have ? They seem to live under a rock in a small cave so i tried to snap a picture of one today.

Happy about that haha they all seem to stay away from inlet so hopefully the babys do
db8e5e2f9d218f2c7f50d4e0004382bc.jpg

The babies will live happily in the bottom.of the filter grazing if the do get sucked up the inflow just be sure to check when you clean your filter out I can have up to 20 in the pre filter tube just fish them out pop them.back in to the tank

Today i foind out i have baby cherries first one i have seen, how many do they normally have ? They seem to live under a rock in a small cave so i tried to snap a picture of one today.

Yes. I'm a happy grandad! Scape has come along brilliantly and the livestock are obviously happy. Nice one.

Yes. I'm a happy grandad! Scape has come along brilliantly and the livestock are obviously happy. Nice one.
loved that made me laugh thanks nick and everyone else how many shrimp babys do they normally have any ideas ?

Yeah i will look when checking pre filter.

Thanks dean

Still not got round to rescaping yet but got a huge plastic box to store fish and plants then once rescaped i will put all my hardscape in it Cleaned my prefikter today and found 5 baby shrimp in there couldnt belive it my larger shrimp seem to avaoid the inlet but i will get a new filter guard ordered soon snapped a few pics aswel the plant growth is very fast so next scape i will have a lot less plants and slower growers maybe.

Hope your a proud grandad nick they look great and colours on larger ones are great, sure i spotted another pregnant one in the pictures.

Thanks dean
d8b53d79b4bc372db39ab294bc173896.jpg
3116ddb80a54dc5a52fa485581964243.jpg
170574065ff30fafeee5729239b08ea3.jpg
153f7efe2ce4e834ab2156855a9cf3b0.jpg
97307abcd2fe34350568b9521fd5b82f.jpg

949fd29a7d17b1033db640692f6a38b9.jpg

Purchased some manzi wood for my next scape however some is huge but will keep hold of ot all for bigger tank purchased from kev_m here on the forum so a huge thanks dome great pieces.
874db646b34d95058e6dfbd7562e512c.jpg
1dc70fbfae8e01e69ed30fc13c469413.jpg
c4e2df7b4ab07220c630199d76519f30.jpg
3599f7ebcb853f38e5023f398aa653c7.jpg

Also i am doing a trim tonight if anyone wants any trimmings i can get them sent out for price of postage and if someone tells me how they normall go about it.

Thanks dean

Wood is lovely @Deano3
And I really like the way your offering your trimmings for postage it's an expensive hobby and not all can afford to keep buying what can become expensive plants I think it's great to give back to the people of our community much respect mate

What plants do you currently have within your scape?
Hi tankless, i currently have all sorts of rotala ( rotala orrange ,red,green) and simensis 53b and some rottala bonsia these are all very fast growing.

Dean

Wood is lovely @Deano3
And I really like the way your offering your trimmings for postage it's an expensive hobby and not all can afford to keep buying what can become expensive plants I think it's great to give back to the people of our community much respect mate
Thanks so much jay and rather than binning it as no room to replant may aswel try help someone out and hopefully kn future some people can repay the favour when i need some plants .

I will need help on how to go about it i imagine just freezer sealed bags and spray with water and post.

Thanks dean

Maybe wrap the plants in soaked paper towels to retain moisture? You could try sealing the plastic if you have a heat sealer.

I might contact you in future for the orange or red Rotalas. I currently have plants on the way so I'll wait until they settle in.

Huge trim done like i say if anyone wants so trimmings for price of postage let me know.

Dean
c0d077d49933fc380f50831552843ee4.jpg
f92663a1321396367613ba840fab2b1a.jpg

When I send plants out I normally do it in a sealed jiffy bag with the plants in a sealed freezer bag with a few squirts of water first class postage is 3.50 I think so in all would probs cost £5 to post so I would ask for postage to be paid for if you out them in the for sale/wanted forum
Tank looks good with the trim bro

Got rid of the plants cheers jay, also did a big maintenance session today and going to up the maintenence as getting a lot of staghorn algae, found a great way to clean the pre filter sponges by placing them in beetween my 2 palms and rolling them colour coming out was like tea haha still not got round to buying course sponges.

We were thinking about moving so not rescaped but thats on the back burner at minute so may rescape soon. Wonder if worth buying a few bucephalandra plants to establish in here first ? Also some plants looking a bit off and discolour and just not healthiest so upped the ferts but going to do more maintenance as got a bit lazy lately .

Also removed the simensis 53b from left hand side and found 8 baby shrimp in prefilter when cleaning plenty in tank so looking forward to having a bigger group of them thanks to nick

Thanks dean
74e78cf293f1bf5b8596d38dfc93e877.jpg

Back