• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

4 t5's over a juwel rio 125 ok?

aibo82

Hi

i have a juwel rio 125 high-lite which is 56w total of t5 tubes at juwels length using plant pros

would adding 2 more 24w t5s be of any benifit?

At the moment im getting a pinkish cast and want to elliminate that also for a more natural look what tubes would be best to use with the plant pros?

Cheers

A 125 litre tank is about 27 gallons so your 56W of T5 lighting gives you 2.074 watts of T5 lighting per gallon. With good reflectors, this is plenty of light to grow pretty much anything; if you add more light than this you will need to really keep up with water changes, dosing and, most importantly, ensure your CO2 supply and distribution is excellent to prevent any issues. I really wouldn't add an extra 2 tubes.

As to lighting colours there's the sticky at the top of the lighting forum that talks about the K ratings of various light bulbs with superb pictures that may give you a clue. With the Juwel tanks you choices are limited to a few lengths due to their non-standard sizes. Personally I use a Nature and a Day tube from Juwel and like that colour.

Back