• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

40 Cabinet?

AdAndrews

wondering what i should get for a cabinet, i have the 35litre arc tank and have to move it upstairs so need a cabinet, obviously the cabinet will need to be 40cm wide, and 28cm deep, plus it needs to be an actual cabinet, to be able to fit int he external filter and heater.. i have seen the orca mt50 stand which is closest i can see fits, but its way too deep, am i better off just making my own?

Why not get the same stand I have from Argos and cutting it down to size? It'd be an easy exercise.

which ones that? i have looked in argos, but they are either too long, too much in depth, or dont have a cabinet(doors)

can you provide me with a link please mate

cheers

It's called something like manhatten or something rediculous, it's 60cm wide but it's easily cut down to 40cm with a band saw.

ok, thanks mate, there is a 40cm one that i saw, perfect apart from the depth, can i just saw the back off?

will it need re-enforcing?

Dunno. I'd brace it. That's nice and easy too. I wouldn't worry about it being too deep. you'll rarely get one that fits perfectly.

no, honestly i will, it comes out like really far, and the place i want it to go it looks stupid if it comes out too far

thanks

Sounds like a lot of fuss over nothing If I'm honest. If you have the tools to cut one down you might as well make your own stand.
I have a cube on a draw nearly twice as deep as the tank is and it really makes no difference at all.

Paste a link, mines the 60x60x30 one. It's pretty much perfect, just a little bit low.

Get it and cut it down if it troubles you in the flesh. Easy. :) :lol:

Back