• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

400 gallon.

yeah LFS here in the Nehterlands sell them all, sometimes even live ones. Red mosquito larvae are called bloodworms in the rest of the world i think.
http://www.frozenfishfood.nl/pageseng/assortiment_en.html
Red ones are easiest to feed, black ones have the best nutritional value, white ones float so are good for topdwellers. Sometimes i give cyclops or bosmiden, it's small food, so usually if i have small fish. Daphnia and artemia i sometimes give just to give something different.
In general i prefer 500 gram packaging over the blisters. Blisters have more damaged foodpieces so give more mess in the water. When i had discus and larger cichlids i gave mysis a lot. The exoskeletons are good for the intestines. All these foods are available frozen. (white, red, daphnia and tubifex often alive too)

Quick and dirty update:
13545740364_31d070651d_b.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1396297688][/DOUBLEPOST]And a new species: Pyrhulina cf brevis:
13545133043_9564818747.jpg

Now i only need a suitable dwarfcichlid and i am good.

Quick and dirty update:
13545740364_31d070651d_b.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1396297688][/DOUBLEPOST]And a new species: Pyrhulina cf brevis:
13545133043_9564818747.jpg

Now i only need a suitable dwarfcichlid and i am good.

Love the piece of wood on the right. A nice microsorum narrow would look stunning placed where the wood arches. It would create a nice sense of depth from the background plants.

Lovely ed.

Bit like this.... quick phone edit

7ejegagu.jpg

Strangely enough i never had much succes with apisto's in that tank, Always thought it might be to deep.
Was thinking about some Laetacara thayeri, though according to the LFS owner they are a royal pain in the b*tt, very bulying. I've had several dicrossus spp in there (macualatus and filamentosus).

Stumbled on these:
Crenuchus-spilurus.jpg
(Crenuchus spilurus)
Couldn't resist. Haven't made my own pics yet, they are hiding in between the large echinodorus.
And i ordered 6 Biotodoma cupido, these will be the last, realy...................i promise.........realy

Back