• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

40cm Cube

Harry H

I have been collecting bits for the last couple of months, with the intention of rescaping my 40 cube betta tank. I had a mock tank setup, tried different layouts and this weekend i had some time to put it together. I think I went a bit OTT with Rio Xingu, but hey, I can always take out some more. I will keep it like this for a while before flooding and see how it grows on me.

20190224_225642.jpg

20190224_225721.jpg 20190224_225750.jpg 20190224_205753.jpg

If he's a long fin Betta, I'd be careful with sharp branches

What do you want to plant @Harry H ?

I am planning to have Epiphytes, anubias, buces, and some trident fern on the wood, crypts around the wood and towards the back corners, Crypt crispatula back corner, and pinnatifida on some branches.

Actually it has been a bit disappointing after visiting 4 LFS within 20 mile radius, not even one single buce! I did put a wanted ad in here, but not keeping my hopes up, there are some on ebay, but feels like gamble.

I am planning to have Epiphytes, anubias, buces, and some trident fern on the wood, crypts around the wood and towards the back corners, Crypt crispatula back corner, and pinnatifida on some branches.

Actually it has been a bit disappointing after visiting 4 LFS within 20 mile radius, not even one single buce! I did put a wanted ad in here, but not keeping my hopes up, there are some on ebay, but feels like gamble.
I've had some excellent Buce's from Aquarium Gardens. Bought online but the quality Dave sells, all of them came through as excellent specimens.

Would definitely recommend them.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Looking good. Is that a Kessil?

Filled the tank with water to get things started, mainly for soaking the wood. Put in a little internal filter, it's sponge was sitting in my canister in the other tank, even it's temporary, it should get the cycling process started. I have some plants in order, and managed to get 4 pots of red buce tropical. Got 3 pots of anubia, vallisneria on order, hoping to put them all together sometime soon.

20190301_123606.jpg

Harry

A very interesting corner aquascape well presented. I would like to see a few mixed low plants scattered in and around the rocks in front of your Aquascape.

The small rocks scattered around your larger rocks might look far better if they were similar to your main rocks it would also give it a far more natural appeal.

Keith:wave::wave:

Back