• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

40x20x20 "Stag's antlers"

your going to confuse the poor guy :lol:

until we all know the planting scheme it's honestly very difficult to critique. we see one thing, someone else see another :D there all good in there own way.

I indeed do mean his 40cm. ;)

I like the last one too, that's great hardscape there.

Jur4ik said:
one more hardscape
IMG_0019.JPG

Hey mate. I must say, I really like this one. The wood on the lower right side balances the wood on the lower left really well :) The last one loses that balance in my honest opinion! Cracking hardscape :!:

Few more hardscapes from today together with all before to choose the best :D

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

SteveUK said:
Still Number 4 for me mate :) All of them have promise though! Which do you like the best?

thanks Steve,
I kindaway like them all, in my opinion every Hardscape can look good with the right plant choice. Only thing I worry about is if there are things that would look distracting.

thanks all for the voting :)
#4 seems to be the the winner. Is there anything you would change on it?

lol aaronnorth :D

Is there any lightning you would advice for this tank size?

have found this nano sized light with 26watt
http://www.aquamoos.de/product_info.php ... --26W.html

will try to find some more info about it..

Well I have rebuild the #4 with a few changes, here it is:

(I will do a better picture tonight when there are less reflections)
IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

there is actualy a cave under the one rock on the top, I will place there some moss
in person it looks much better than on the shots (poor iPhone quality)

It looks great! I can't wait to see this planted up and stuff.

The only suggestion that I would have, is the large middle rock is too central.

Thank you my friends, the hardscape is sitting, now I have to decide on plants and lightning.
What to place or to place something at all on top of the middle stone?! Any idea or advice on that are greatly appreciated

I think it's crying out for some "narrow" java fern growing out of some of the gaps in the rock, in a nice swooping line :)

Maybe a bush of either Hemianthus Micranthemoides or Micranthemum Unmbrosum midground left or right and something like Rotala sp "green" or another small leafed stem to the rear.

Perhaps Pogostomon Helferi around some of the rocks at the front, and also perhaps some Hydrocotle sp. too?

SteveUK said:
I think it's crying out for some "narrow" java fern growing out of some of the gaps in the rock, in a nice swooping line :)

this is an crazy idea and I love it! thanks Steve ;) I had in mind to place some moss in those gaps (there is a real cave under it^^) but narrow fern is the better choice

SteveUK said:
Maybe a bush of either Hemianthus Micranthemoides or Micranthemum Unmbrosum midground left or right and something like Rotala sp "green" or another small leafed stem to the rear.

Perhaps Pogostomon Helferi around some of the rocks at the front, and also perhaps some Hydrocotle sp. too?

Yeah, this sounds great too!
I´ll be on holidays from 06-13/07 so will plant after this.

Back