• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

45cm low tech, low effort

erwin123

DSC00960.jpg

A. Gracilis - the topmost leaves are pink, everything else yellowish-green in lowtech, before I hacked off the emersed top and replanted. On the left is an AR Mini.

DSC00966 11 aug 22.jpg

Seeing plantnoobdude and Libba starting up their low tech tanks made me inspired to pay a bit more attention to my neglected 45cm low tech. For starters, I removed most of the R. Wallichii that was obscuring the tank. I moved over my Ammannia Senegelansis so it hasn't converted to low tech form yet. The A. Gracillis had fully converted to lowtech except that it conversed to emersed growth. I hacked it down and replanted and now it needs to convert back to submersed.

This is a near zero maintenance tank. Fertilisation routine is basically pumping in some APT EI whenever I remember to do so (so roughly once a week). Water change monthly or longer....

Plant list:

Rotala Wallichii
AR Mini
A. Gracilis
A Senegalansis
Buces
Crypt 'Tropica'
Crypt Wendtii 'Green'
Philippine Java Fern (came attached to a Buce I bought...)

View attachment 192347
A. Gracilis - the topmost leaves are pink, everything else yellowish-green in lowtech, before I hacked off the emersed top and replanted. On the left is an AR Mini.

View attachment 192345

Seeing plantnoobdude and Libba starting up their low tech tanks made me inspired to pay a bit more attention to my neglected 45cm low tech. For starters, I removed most of the R. Wallichii that was obscuring the tank. I moved over my Ammannia Senegelansis so it hasn't converted to low tech form yet. The A. Gracillis had fully converted to lowtech except that it conversed to emersed growth. I hacked it down and replanted and now it needs to convert back to submersed.

This is a near zero maintenance tank. Fertilisation routine is basically pumping in some APT EI whenever I remember to do so (so roughly once a week). Water change monthly or longer....

Plant list:

Rotala Wallichii
AR Mini
A. Gracilis
A Senegalansis
Buces
Crypt 'Tropica'
Crypt Wendtii 'Green'
Philippine Java Fern (came attached to a Buce I bought...)

I just want to clarify that I'm running CO2 in my tank now. Was originally going to be low-tech but I'm a CO2 addict.

Love your crypts!

Back