• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

45p, childhood memories, nano river scape.

CooKieS

Hi,

Let’s try something different...always loved pebbles, it reminds me my childhood, playing near small local rivers.

After collecting a full bucket of pebbles with my son by the river next to my home, we could start scaping this viv 45p tank.

Hardscape:
River pebbles
Ada aqua gravel S
River sand
Aquael small gravel
Tropica soil
Pouzzolane under tropica soil

Tech:
Viv 45p optiwhite tank
Skylight Aqi 40h intense led
Sun sun 603b canister filter
Dennerle scaper’s tank pipes
Neo co2 diffuser special
Pressurized 2kg co2 bottle with plantedbox regulator

Plants (to come)
-Eleocharis vivipara
-Valisneria nana
  • Utricularia Graminifolia
  • Blyxa japonica
  • Eriocaulon

Fish (wish list)
-Stiphodon semoni
-Danio tinwini
-Shrimps

hope you’ll enjoy it. :)

210427031955915368.jpg

Cheers
Thierry

I totally agree this is what most of us see near streams/rivers look very natural , should look great

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I'm a cobble/pebble fan. <"Rounded rocks"> just always look so much more <"natural for me">.

cheers Darrel

totally agree, thanks Darrel.

I totally agree this is what most of us see near streams/rivers look very natural , should look great

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

thanks man!

You've done a great job of the hardscape, you don't see many pebble style scapes around :)
Thank you!

And here we go, day 1:

lovely plants arrived from buddy @Tahitianscape ;

-Blyxa Japonica
-Eleocharis Vivipara
-Valisneria nana

and some lovely Utricularia Graminifolia from tropica!

210429024542772655.jpg

Co2 is 1 bubbles every 3 second, 24/7.
Light is 6hours per day, 80% power for now.
Let’s see how this one evolves!

Cheers
Thierry

Love this scape. The title reminds me of a stream( long since culverted and feilds built on sadly)☹ when we were kids looking across to the grass bnk side seeing stone loaches and seeing a Bullhead for first time 🙂

Hi,
Growing in slowly, got some usual diatoms and plants are growing slower than usual because the tropica soil is capped by the soil, so I had to give some ferts in the water earlier.

21052105500918971.jpg

Added the first livestock yesterday, 3 small neritina snails, I’ll add a small colony of raccoon shrimps next week :)

cheers
Thierry

Hi there!

tank is starting to find balance:
-diatoms are gone now, neritina snails have done an awesome job, as always. :)
-I started to fertilize daily with masterline all in one soil as my floaters were getting yellow (the tropical soil is capped with sand , thus not a lot of ferts were released in the water column I guess), plants have started to grow again since.
-I added one pair of stiphodons semoni yesterday, will take some proper shots once they feel safer.
-two types of nymphaea has been added in the back for different leaf structures.

finally the small Utricularia patches I planted there and there melted, at least I tried 😅 @Geoffrey Rea

will probably add some nano Asian fish species this week! Any suggestions welcome 🙏

210530110749176303.jpg

210530111617767708.jpg

How did you manage to keep the snails in the tank @CooKieS,every time I've tried Neritina waigiensis the wretched things have gone walkabout in the fish shed despite parameters being perfect :banghead:

Hi,
It’s evolving so beautifully! The rock colours are stunning and the tank gives off such a calming vibe. Also what a gorgeous snail! I’ll be on the look out for those guys! Keep the updates coming 😊

thank you :)

How did you manage to keep the snails in the tank @CooKieS,every time I've tried Neritina waigiensis the wretched things have gone walkabout in the fish shed despite parameters being perfect :banghead:

well, sometimes I found one dried on the floor unfortunately, but it happens like once a year, better keep your water level quite low to avoid that. ;)

210608111018829010.jpg

Very nice! I believe some gobies or hillstream loaches would feel right at home!

Thanks @Tim Harrison

210719022006192893.jpg

210719022251710422.jpg

had some time to do the maintenance on it this weekend ; removed 80% of the Salvinia Natans as it was covering the whole surface.
Trimmed some V.nana runners and some blyxa too , replanted some UG in sparse area.
Let’s see how it goes in a few weeks :)

I’m very jealous. It looks really nice. It just needs a water lily with some surface pads rather than floaters. 😉

i planted some lily but hasn’t reach the surface yet. 🙂 thanks!

Back